Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

190 Points

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 1:30 PM

Closed

how do i turn off the green check color seen over all the links a page or email contain?

this is really annoying. i see a lot of areas inside a page or email highlighted in green. i would only like Trend Micro to let me know when there is a suspicious link only, but not changing the design or layout of anything i receive or view. then if i turn off the security, i get no security.

18 Messages

• 

510 Points

8 years ago

The green highlight that you see is caused by the Trend Micro toolbar on the browser. You can disable the toolbar by following the instructions on the link below. Disabling the toolbar will no longer inform you if the site is safe or not.

https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/maximum-security-10/1103309.aspx

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

190 Points

8 years ago

but sirs, your should aim to protect my pc without annoying my view as you do so now = while not affecting me in a negative way. please add the following to your "suggestions" board: allow user to choose green highlighting the good links or not. this selection should not affect the work of the software to protect me. then allow highlighting only for threatening kind of links.

thanks

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

8 years ago

I agree. I am experiencing the same discomfort and frustration at not being able to easily read words in my search engine results as they are covered in green fill. The same result could be achieved by just having the green tick next to the search engine result rather than covering the entire sentence. It's so wrong that you either have to chose between words plastered in green that you cant read or not be informed about whether a site is safe or not.
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions! We will pass your ideas to our Product Development Team to enhance our product.

Hi @dancingbrolga, we've replied you in another thread that you've posted previously. Please refer to the link below and provide the related information for us:
Green tick and green fill covering words in Search engine results since last update.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights