Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Sunday, November 27th, 2016 10:10 PM

Closed

Cannot reinstall Password Manager

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Password Manager several times, but kept getting an error message telling me that I had already downloaded and installed it. Guess what? I already knew that--but was trying to get a clean install on my PC, free of errors! I then tried using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit and Uninstall Tools to give me a clean reinstall, but again to no avail: the same error message reappeared. As a last resort, I even tried doing a System Restore to an earlier time period before ever installing any Trend Micro products--but again, no luck. I have finally given up on using the entire Maximum Security suite as well as either version (free or paid) of the Password Manager. It's just too buggy and unreliable!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Password Manager is My Halloween Nightmare.

Official Response

Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi @dctrivandian, I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
Since this is a different question, we've created a new post for your issue. I understand that you already tried to reinstall the program and encountered an error message “You already have Password Manager installed.” We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me help you with this. 

This can happen if the desktop application is not running properly or if you don't have the desktop application installed. 

To backup and delete the Password Manager files on registry, please do the following: 
  1. Click on Start button or Orb button at the lower left of your screen and then select Run. 
  2. If you are not able to see Run, click on Start button All Programs Accessories Run. The Run command should open. 
  3. Type “regedit”, click Ok. 
  4. Click on File. 
  5. Click on Export. Export Registry File window will appear. 
  6. Provide a filename that you want for the backup file, select your Desktop as the location for easy access to the file then choose Save. 
  7. Go back to Registry Window and then click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Trend Micro TMIDS. 
  8. Right click on the "TMIDS" folder and click on "Delete". 
Here is the next step: 
  1. On the Registry Editor, click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software TMDP. 
  2. Right click on "TMDP" folder and click on "Delete". 
  3. Close the Registry Editor. 

The last step is to delete the folder of Password Manager in the Local Disc (C:). 
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + E. This will open the Windows Explorer. 
  2. Go to this location
    Local Disc (C:) Program Files Trend Micro
    Local Disc (C:) Program Data Trend Micro

Note: You might have to unhide your folder first. Here are the steps on how to unhide it:
    a. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking File Explorer Options.
    b. Click the View tab.
    c. Under Advanced settings, Untick the Hide empty drives, Hide extensions for known file types, Hide folder merge conflicts and Hide protected operating system files.

3. Delete the TMIDS folder. 
After deleting all the folders for Password Manager, kindly reinstall the program again. You may refer to the link below for instructions. 
Downloading and installing Password Manager on Windows and Mac

It's quite a few steps to perform, but please do let us know if it solves your issue. If the problem persists, could you provide a bit more details (Some screenshots would also be helpful.) We'll assist you if you still encounter problems.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply, and for the solutions offered. I am happy to report that I have followed your suggestions and now have a perfectly integrated and working Trend Micro Maximum Security suite w/ Password Manager installed.
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi @dctrivandian, thanks for your feedback! 

It's so nice to hear that everything is back to normal and to know that we were able to help!  Please feel free to contact us anytime when you need help for Trend Micro products in the future. Thank you :D

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights