Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

130 Points

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 6:31 PM

Closed

My trend micro has been stuck at 24% on a scan since 7AM, at least. What are my options? Thanks.

25 Messages

• 

554 Points

7 years ago

Hi @ed and welcome to Trend Micro Community!

Aside from the percentage, may I know at what specific file was the scan stuck at? Because usually, a scan can be stuck if the file being scanned is corrupted, too large or the Trend Micro program does not have permission to access the said file.

Also, kindly check if your Trend Micro program is running the latest version (11.0). You may refer to the steps below:

1. Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do any of the following:
  • Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
  • Double-click the Trend Micro system tray icon.
2. Click Identity then select About the Software.

Main Console

The About Your Software window will appear and you will see the program version.

Update Finished

By the way, you can contact our Chat Support anytime for a faster resolution on your case. 

Thank you and have great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 years ago

I have a MacBook Air & updated my Trend Micro Antivirus to v 7.0.1197 in February 2017 - About one month ago when I ran both smart scan & full scan I noticed the scan jumps from around 65% completed (of files scanned) to around 95% completed. Why is there a sudden incremental jump in both scan options when the "normal" increment is 1% when the scan is operating?

Superstar

• 

376 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Hello roscoe and welcome to the community!

Thanks  for asking here and bringing this to our attention.

When was the last time you performed a scan on your computer? Did you ran the scan within the span of 24 hours? 
If yes, then the reason why the scan jumps from 65% - 95% is because of the Journaling system of the scan. For the initial scan, some files will be modified by the program itself and some are not. If you will run the scan again within 24 hours, the program will no longer scan the unmodified files and will simply skip it. 

We highly advised you to wait within 24-48 hours before running a scan again. If the issue persists, please observe what files has been scanned last before it jumps into a random percentage. 

I hope this helps you. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 years ago

Hello TM_Jabi

Thanks for your reply - if it happens again, i.e. jumps from 65% to 95% or similar, I will have a better understanding of why the scan jumps. In the meantime I uninstalled Trend Micro Antivirus then re-installed the latest version from your website. I then have run a Smart Scan which took some time ... but the scan was increasing in increments of 1% which is what I was accustomed to seeing. I have made one attempt to run the Full Scan but this was running very slowly & I cancelled this for the moment. 

So looks like things are running okay for now.

Thanks.

roscoe

127 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

7 years ago

Hello roscoe,

Thank you for your prompt response and update.

It's good to know that it is working properly now. Running a full scan will take a while since Trend Micro will thoroughly scan your computer. It is normal for the scan to run slowly.

Kindly monitor your Trend Micro program and don't hesitate to post here if the issue still persists.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day! 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights