dbur's profile

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 5:04 AM

Closed

Lost network file access after WCRY patch and SMBv1 disabling

Hi, I ran the Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool and disabled SMBv1 as suggested. Now I cannot access my shared files on the network. I went into windows features and turned it on but it had no effect. I've lost access to my shared files from the remote computer. What can I do?

Thanks.

85 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

7 years ago

Hi dbur,

Welcome to the community!

SMBv1 is mainly used for providing shared access to files. One possible reason why you were not able to access your shared files is because the connection between your remote computer and your server is outdated. With this, what Windows Server are you using and what is your computer’s operating system?

After enabling SMBv1 from Windows Features, did you restart your computer? If no, please do so then check if you still encounter the same issue.

If it still persists, please check if your registry has also been updated. If SMBv1 has not been enabled from your registry, please try enabling it. You may refer to the link below on how to do so.

How to enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows and Windows Server

Do let us know if this helps with this concern.

Have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

7 years ago

Re-installing the SMBv1 with Win 10 features did not work, even after re-boot.

I ran regedit as admin and saw the key was still not set in the registry.  After manually setting the key back to 1 and re-booting it did work again.

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

not good, I have changed my operating program back to the original windows7 now I need to a/ctivate Trend Security

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

My computer is now OK but I need trend security

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

How can I get Trend Security back on my computer

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi scorgogg

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!

Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1058995.aspx?_ga=1.147757687.1592...  

Good luck.

Kind regards, Tom

Superstar

• 

571 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Hi scorgogg

Kindly check the link Tom posted and let us know if you need additional help. :) 

Thank you for the coverage, Tom

^X

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights