sjbw's profile

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Saturday, November 25th, 2017 9:49 PM

Closed

I have been invaded by mywave browser hacker how do I safely get rid of it?

I have been annoyed by the presence of mywave powered by google for some time and have now discovered it is a browser hacker program which is reportedly very difficult to remove from chrome. Windows 10 Home. Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16 GHz, 3.17 GHz

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Welcome to the Community, sjbw!

Thank you so much for letting us know of your concern here on our Community and apologies for the inconvenience regarding what you are experiencing right now. The MyWave Toolbar may have been bundled with a free program from the internet so kindly check first for any programs on your Programs and Features list and uninstall any unneeded or unknown programs.

Reset your browsers to make sure the toolbar is removed, kindly refer on this link. Lastly you may remove 'cloudguard.me' on 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities'. Please press the Windows key (located between the Ctrl and Alt key) and R key on your keyboard to open the Run Command window. Type in "certmgr.msc".

I also managed to check on your records and see that you are entitled to access our Premium Support Hotline: 1 800 653 607 Option 2 (24/7).

Hope this helps. Good day to you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

Hi TM_Malik, I have followed your instructions and the only thing I could not do is remove cloudgard.me as it was not present in the location you suggested. The annoying search bar seems to have gone so many thanks.
Brand User

67 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi sjbw,

You are very much welcome and thank you for your updates.

It is nice to hear that everything is back to normal.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to post on this community.

Have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights