billmoss_1's profile

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Saturday, January 28th, 2017 3:41 AM

Closed

Clashes with Microsoft Office 2016

I re-installed Trend Micro Maximum Security 10 a few days ago on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10. I am now unable to create new emails through Microsoft Outlook 2016 and Microsoft Word 2016 stops working as soon as a file is opened. I haven't tried any other programs as yet.How can this be fixed?

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi Bill,

You may try this solution, i quote:

Click Start > Run.
Type “winword.exe” in Search programs and files field.
Then right click "winword.exe", and click Properties.
Properties will open and click "Compatibility tab".
Check the box for "Run this program as an administrator".
Click OK.
Hope this will solve your problem

Kind regards,
Tom
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

7 years ago

Hi Tom, thanks for assisting us in Community.

Hi @billmoss_1, sorry for not getting back earlier. 

For your issue, if you are not using the latest version of Maximum Security (ver. 11.0), we would like to suggest that you reinstall Trend Micro Security to the latest version to reset the program and patterns. You can refer to the link below for detailed steps:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

If the problem still persists, the following Hotfix is a possible solution to resolve your issue. If the symptoms described matches what you're experiencing, please download from the online article below and give it a try:
[Hotfix] Accessing files via shared folder is slow when Trend Micro Security is running

Please let us know if your concern has been addressed by us. If not, please do not hesitate to reply in this conversation. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Hi Linda,

Back again ;)

Kind regards,
Tom

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Hi,
My problem was that various Office programs were freezing.  They would start, even download a file, then freeze.
I have fixed the problem by removing Trend Micro and reinstalling Office.  Office now runs normally.
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

Hi @billmoss_1, thanks for getting back to us.

It's great to hear that your issue has been resolved by yourself!

Just want to confirm, how dose your Office run after reinstalling your Trend Micro Security? Please let us know how the reinstall went, and we'll assist you if you still encounter problems.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights