rpetzold53's profile

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Monday, December 18th, 2017 3:29 PM

Closed

We purchased Trend Micro on Oct. 20, 2017 through PayPal for $69.95. We could not download so we would like our money back. Please reply

When we attempted to install it I was informed that we
could not have the software Malwarebytes. We had Trend
Micro before and also had Malwarebytes. Why the difference now?

Superstar

• 

245 Messages

• 

9.7K Points

7 years ago

-I'm not a Trend Micro representative, but I like to give you some suggestion-

Hello,
1 - Trend Micro is properly downloadable from your local website.

2 - Disable Malwarebytes antivirus function (I mean real time proteciotn).
Malwarebytes has an Antivirus function that conflict with any other AV solution (in the oldest version it was not AV, this is why before there was not conflicts).

3 - My suggestion is to use ONLY Trend Micro in order to:
- avoid conflicts.
- Obtain best antivirus and antiransomware solution.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

262 Messages

• 

5K Points

7 years ago

Hi Max Slo,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Hi rpetzold53,

As Max Slo has informed, the Trend Micro installer file can be downloaded from the Trend Micro Esupport Website.

Please choose the correct Trend Micro subscription from the list of programs.

Regarding the conflicting software, "Malwarebytes", please uninstall it first and if you want to use it, you have to install it after installing the Trend Micro program.

Note: We do not recommend to use 2 or more antivirus software on the same device as it conflicts to the performance of the other and degrades system performance.

I have also checked on your Trend Micro account and saw that you are eligible for the Trend Micro Premium services. You may contact our support hotlines if you want real time assistance regarding your concern of the installation of the software. 

Contact Trend Micro Technical Support

For your refund request, it would be best that you contact our support lines for it. This would involve personal details for your request to be processed.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights