g's profile

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Monday, October 9th, 2017 4:35 PM

Closed

Udated version of Micro Maximum Security problem

Undated to latest version of Micro Maximum Security. Everything seemed to load ok and everything looks right but it will not scan it just starts the scan like normal but then sits on zero and spins endlessly. try reloading twice and several restarts nothing working any help appreciated
Brand User

59 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

7 years ago

Hi, G and Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for reaching us about this concern. regarding this you can try to check if you have any conflicting software that may affect the Trend Micro scan.

Conflicting Software List

If you cannot find any conflicitng software on the computer you can try to restart all the components of the Trend Micro program.

Disabling and Enabling Trend Micro program

If the issue persist you can use our Permission Tool for the program because sometimes this issue is due to lack of permission with the Trend Micro folders on the computer.

Using the Permission Tool

And if the issue still persist you can proceed reinstalling the Trend Micro program again.

Uninstalling Trend Micro Program

Installing Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017

Please let us know if this helps you resolve the issue, And do not hesitate to post your questions here on the community.

Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Hotshot

• 

41 Messages

• 

714 Points

7 years ago

Hello G.
Nothing should hold the installation of the newest version of Trend Micro.
The only thing you could do is with installing from the software to click right and install it as administrator. After this reboot your PC and try to scan again.
If it will not start make a control to push the buttons control-alt-delete and see if Trend Micro is active busy. If it runs twice click on each and end the program. Close the file and start the scan once more.
Sometimes clicking twice will hold the program to execute.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

7 years ago

no conflicting programs.  trend worked find before update  have uninstalled twice and reinstalled twice with no luck     only thing different happening is that google chrome keeps giving be a request to make changes to my computer    if I say no I can't use chrome  if I say yes I can use chrome but not sure what is being changed   either way Trend message still says computer is protected but will not run quick, full, or custom scan will not scan 

is there a issue with trend and chrome

any other suggestions appreciated

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Hotshot

• 

41 Messages

• 

714 Points

7 years ago

Google Chrome should never make changes to your computer. You do not have to use Chrome!
In windows 10 you can run your programs in windows explorer by opening it hitting the 3 dots right up in the screen. I have seen Chrome making so much changes to my system that I took it down.
This gave me a lot of questions why I did. Well I did because it interfered with a lot of my software!
Never give a program to control your pc!
Brand User

59 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

7 years ago

Hi there G!

Thank you for the response.

There should be no issues with Google Chrome and the Trend Micro program. But have you tried to use the Permission Tool as well?

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights