• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 3:41 AM

Closed

Answered

Same strange pop up about downloaded files

I have exact same issue occurring as in this closed thread but the pop up appears and disappears so quickly I cannot get a screenshot it is more or less exactly what the OP showed. 

https://en.community.trendmicro.com/conversations/pc-security/strange-trend-pop-up-about-downloaded-files/62b25432ae73c605a6875658

my version of Trend Micro is 17.0.1412

Accepted Solution

Official Response

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi @dinasomo!

Hi @wetzelderek!

Thanks for sharing this in our Community!

This pop-up message from Trend Micro Security will appear when you are browsing with Google Chrome. Trend Micro Security will scan the files your Google Chrome browser downloaded and installed in the background, these are program updates, that's why it usually shows random characters.

Here's more info about the "No threats found pop up from Trend Micro when using Chrome"

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

@tm_kree​ Thx sm Good to hear this finally! 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@dinasomo don't mention it! 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 years ago

I'm getting this as well, i'll try to post a screenshot... or, is there any advice from the community on how to find where that pop-up info is stored so we can retrieve it?

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

@wetzelderek​ Thx for reviving this so it got an answer. I felt invisible

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 years ago

nabbed it. @tm_kim any advice?

(edited)

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@wetzelderek​ 

The answer provided as "Official Solution" is not a solution but rather an explanation!

So, just click on "Do not show this again" and you are done.

The pop-up is useless; if there is a detection will be blocked anyway.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

@claudiubotezatu

the trouble is this pops up and disappears so quickly it's impossible to click 'don't show this again' but above answer makes me feel better about this since it happens when I myself am NOT downloading or accessing anything at all. (Gave the vibe of something nefarious happening.) It apparently is the system updating behind the scenes with Chrome and Windows and all is well.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi @dinasomo,

We're glad that you feel better when Trend Micro shows a pop-up when a file is downloaded on your device.

If you click the Do not show this again you will no longer get notifications when a file is downloaded on your device.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@dinasomo​ 

"pops up and disappears so quickly it's impossible to click"

Download anything else ( a file, a movie, something)

On the end of download you will get that message long enough to click on "Do not show again"

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights