• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 11:28 PM

Closed

Answered

Strange trend pop up about downloaded files

When I open Chrome for the first time on log in, I have a trend pop up that comes up telling me that there are no threats found in some downloaded files. It lists the files, but these are not files I have downloaded. I can't find them when I search the file names in my computer. Any suggestions?

Official Response

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Update!

Here's what we found out about this. This pop-up message from Trend Micro Security will appear when you are browsing with Google Chrome. Trend Micro Security will scan the files your Google Chrome browser downloaded and installed in the background for its program updates, that's why it usually shows random characters.

Here's more info about the "No threats found pop up from Trend Micro when using Chrome"

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

2 years ago

Hi, stephanie.

Can you send us a screenshot of the pop-up message you are getting from Trend Micro so we can further check?

Please provide the following details below to be used in our investigation:

• Trend Micro program version
  • Kindly check if KB5014019 is installed, here's how you can check: 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_kim​ Thanks.  This is what it looks like and yes I do have that update installed. I have Trend Micro Maximum Security 17.7.1383

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Thank you for your reply, stephanie.

I have sent you an email, kindly check and send us a response. Let us assist you from there.

- TM_Kim

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights