• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

Friday, January 29th, 2021 11:21 PM

Closed

Resolved

Pay Guard deletes cart: unable to send additional reply on a topic I raised

I raised a topic "Pay Guard deletes cart" and received replies which indicate that since I cannot switch from an ordinary browser window to a Pay Guard window I have to start any visit to a website from which I might make purchases in Pay Guard. Despite this, I am (in some sites but not others) being prompted to switch to Pay Guard, without any warning that I would lose content.

However this topic appears to have been closed, as I am unable to send an additional reply on this topic.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi grahamcwitt

For the websites Service NSW and QBE, you may opt to add it in the Protected Website List:

1. Open the Main Console
  2. Go to Privacy and click the Configure button for Pay Guard
  3. Click OK on the Introduction page.
  4. Then, click + Add to add the website.

Adding it to the list will enable Pay Guard to take effect when you're opening that website.

RE: Despite this, I am (in some sites but not others) being prompted to switch to Pay Guard, without any warning that I would lose content.

To prevent this from happening you may exclude the specific website from the Protected Website List. You may open the specific site on Pay Guard and start browsing from there.

- TM_Reine

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

Thank you, Reine

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

You're welcome, grahamcwitt.

In case you need more help, please let us know.

- TM_Kim

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

3 years ago

Looks like the issue here is that Trend Micro Pay Guard prompts you to run some websites in secure environment as soon as you open them (example is the US Amazon.com), whilst it simply doesn't recognise others (I found the list of websites which is stored in a single file and it mainly covers US and Japanese websites). I have already compiled a list of UK-based websites to be added to the list and hope Trend Micro will implement the necessary correction. Websites from other regions may need to be added too.

My advise is before shopping, just run Pay Guard and don't wait for the prompt. This will provide better experience.
Item selection needs to be carried out in Pay Guard and not in the regular browser.

(edited)

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi grahamcwitt,

The previous topic was closed since we received a response from you that it was all good. If you were to visit shopping or banking sites, for better protection Pay Guard should take effect. From the previous thread, our suggestion was to use Pay Guard and open the link from there so you can retain the items from your cart.  Can you try to describe your experience step by step so we can replicate it as well?

Also may I know which sites do not open to Pay Guard so we can verify it on our end?

- TM_Reine

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@reine_roque This is the list of sites not raising an automatic prompt in the UK:

https://en.community.trendmicro.com/conversations/pc-security/extend-the-list-of-websites-to-be-ran-in-payguard/600b8788004894379b8e1895

The list of supported websites is stored in C:\Program Data\Trend Micro\PB\PbBankingList.txt

(edited)

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Yes bvasilev, we have already taken note of your previous submission from the other thread. We'll share this with our developers. Thanks!

- TM_Reine

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

@reine_roque All of the sites on which I have made payments recently have opened OK in Pay Guard but the only one that prompts me to open in Pay Guard is St George Bank. That one is in the Protected Website List because I added it.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi grahamcwitt,

May I know what are the websites you have visited that did not gave you the prompt to " Open in Pay Guard ". I will check if they are listed in our Pay Guard approved websites.

Also, after checking the website St. George Bank, is included in our list that is why it gave you the prompt.

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

640 Points

3 years ago

Service NSW and insurance company QBE.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Thanks grahamcwitt, we'll check this on our end.

- TM_Reine

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights