stephaniemkiem's profile

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Thursday, June 16th, 2016 5:38 AM

Closed

Parental controls not working correctly with Windows 10

I am having problems with the parental controls. I have set them up on my child's laptop but it does not block internet access like it says in the help guide. When the time allocated is exceeded it just keeps bringing up the windows login screen every minute. Access to the internet is still possible. And even if the internet is not being used it keeps coming up with the 'your time has been exceeded' and making the windows login come up.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Thanks for contacting us in community! Parental Controls feature can prevent specific categories of website and limit internet access to only certain periods of the day for your child, but I'm afraid that it can not completely disconnect the internet connection of your child's laptop. It will only display the Parental Controls blocking page.

However, according to your description, bringing up the Windows login screen might be caused by the PC using hours setting in Time Limits tab of Parental Controls feature.

Please open the Parental Controls window from your child's Maximum Security main console and setting the internet access limitation.

Please let us know if the blocking page displays when exceeded the time limit. Thanks.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

I had set the weekday time allowed on the internet to 1 hour. When the computer has been logged on for more than 1 hour, a pop-up tells me that i have 5 minutes of time left. When that five minutes is up the windows lock screen is activated. If i log back in i can still access the internet (a blocking screen does not appear) and just get the same pop up as before.

If this is all that is meant to occur then i think that the help and guidance information that is in the parental controls needs to be corrected. This neither limits the time of the child on the internet nor on the computer effectively.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

Thank you for the reply and sorry that our solution did not help you. For the not showing blocking page issue, we would like to investigate further in our lab to resolve. Could you please provide a screenshot of Time Limits tab on Parental Controls window for us? We'll be glad to assist you.

Here's some simple steps to help you open the Time Limits tab:
1. Open  the Maximum Security's main console on your child 's laptop.
2. Click Family icon.
3. Click Parental Controls.
4. Type your password and click OK. (If necessary)
5. Click Time Limits.
6. Take a screenshot of "How do you want to schedule your family's time on the Internet" section.

By the way, you can refer to below page to take a screenshot:
Taking a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

Thank you.

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

If the job of Parental Control function is just to BLOCK or UNBLOCK internet then what's the point of ticking on boxes of SEX GAMBLING etc?
When the boxes of blocked contents are ticked, it should allow to other parts of internet except the blocked (ticked) ones, regardless of what schedule is set on. RIGHT?????
The function of ticking the boxes to block the contents are USELESS !!!!

Trend Micro lets kids have access to blocked contents (sex violence etc) even after ticking the boxes (to block) during scheduled time. WHY ???

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 years ago

What is the point of Parental Controls on Android devices if we cannot actually use the "Internet Access Time Limitations"??
Yes I'm aware you can block websites via child/s age, however it would also be just as beneficial to have the same internet time limits that are available on PC's.
Can you please look at providing this service

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 years ago

What is the point of having "Parental Controls" on Android devices if it does not include the "Internet Access Time Limitations" as provided on PC's versions?
Can you please look at providing this service.
Kind Regards
Jo.B

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Hi Jo.,

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding your suggestion, we will report to our product team as a feature request and see if we can provide Time Limits feature on Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android. Please let us know if you have other suggestions.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights