Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thursday, March 1st, 2018 4:32 PM

Closed

On rebooting I get the message that Trend Micro has encountered a problem and is disabled. When I reboot again the same message comes up.

On rebooting I get the message that Trend Micro has encountered a problem and is disabled. When I reboot again the same message comes up. This is on an HP laptop running Windows 10. Trend Micro Maximum Security.
Brand User

63 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

6 years ago

Hello pdmcln and welcome to community! 

We would just like to clarify the problem that you are having. Can we have a screenshot of it on this thread so we can check the problem? If possible, can you please open the Trend Micro Security program and post a screenshot also of it's status?
Here's a link that you can use as guide on how to take screen shots. 

Taking a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

You can also check if you have other Antivirus program installed that may be causing this issue. Here's a link for the list of programs that is incompatible with the Trend Micro Security.

Incompatible Programs with Trend Micro Security 

We will be waiting for your response.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

Here's the message box that appears:

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

Also, this box appears if I try to start Trend Micro after closing the box and starting it from the apps menu.

14 Messages

• 

340 Points

Hello pdmcln,

This error message pops-up when there incompatible software in your device, like other Anti-Virus programs. Please open your Installed Programs list and check if there are other Anti-virus programs. If you can not locate other Anti-virus program, try the full clean re-installation of your Trend Micro Security. Check the links provided below for the steps on how to do the clean re-installation.

Steps for clean re-installation:
1. Uninstall trend micro maximum security, click the link provided below on how to uninstall it:
     - Uninstalling Trend Micro Security

2. Install the latest Trend Micro Maximum Security, click the link provided below on how to install the latest Trend Micro Maximum Security Version:
     - Installing Trend Micro Maximum Security Version

3. Check the Trend Micro Main Console

We will be waiting for your response. 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights