prgmilne62's profile

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

Monday, May 9th, 2016 12:00 AM

Closed

large debug files

Hi,
I installed Maxiimum Security 10 on a second computer yesterday and I have 5.5 GB of files in the AMSP\debug folder.
In subfolder 10005 the TMUFE_UF.log is over 1GB.
In subfolder 20004 the
09052016_NSC_TmProxy.log is over 1GB and
08052016_NSC_TmProxy.log is over 300MB.
In subfolder 10009 the LCEDebug.log is 42MB and there are five .bak files over 50MB.
in subfolder 20011 the 2016-05-07_11-36-38_EE_Tmeext7.etl file is 39MB and there are five .etl files all 51.2MB.
In my first computer non of those files exist apart from the LCEDebug.log which is 0KB.
(in subfolder 10011 there is a tmsa.log of 42MB in the first comp and 51MB in the second computer).
Is there a setting I can change (I couldn't find one) or do I just delete them and the problem won't reoccur?
Regards
Peter

Neophyte

• 

18 Messages

• 

330 Points

8 years ago

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

Thanks however it doesn't seem to be applicable and didn't solve the issue. 
I started collecting data using the tool kit and then clicked Finish Collecting Data (that wasn't successful due to the hard drive being full due to the 5.5GB of log files). 
The note at the end to Delete debug log files refers to another location, \titanium\archive, which is different to that which the files I am concerned about are.  There is a 137MB supptool_log in the archive folder generated at the time of installation.
The log files I am concerned about are being modified about every 15 minutes and keep going until the drive is full (which is a bit annoying to say the least). 

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

While in the process  of doing that, Maximum Security got turned off and I had to delete some log files to make room for it to start.

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

I found an article about downloading a HotFix to turn off AMSP log server for Titanium 2013 but after doing that I found a file under the AMSP folder called
AMSP_kill_amsp_log_server.bat so I ran that.
A 1GB dump file has been generated in AMSP\dump

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

Later I found another file called AMSP_kill_log_server.bat and ran that too.  Those changes seem to have stopped all continuously generated log files except for dre.log in 10012 and tmbep.log in 20002.

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

My first computer had the program installed from a CD and the second was downloaded from the website.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

@pragmatic  Thanks for providing some useful info.

@prgmilne62  We're checking internally to get you more information on this. Thanks!

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

Hi Claudia,
Any progress on this issue?
Although the rapidity and magnitude of the files that are being generated is much reduced since (I think) I "killed" the two log servers using the AMSP batch files, I am still getting significant files being generated in the debug section totalling about 1GB over the last week.
Those files include:

TMUFE_UF (109MB) and CS (11MB) files
6 x LCEDebig.log files about 51MB each
5 x tmsa.log files about 51MB each
10x tmbep.log files about 11MB each
8 x dated tmncieum.etl files (half are small but one is 43MB, one 33MB)
23 x dated _EE_Tmeext(?).etl files most 51.2MB

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

Hi Peter, sorry for the delay. I've sent another inquiry to our backend team to follow up, and have also passed the updated info you've provided. I hope to get an answer from them and update you soon. In the meantime, it's good to hear that your situation has improved a bit. Thanks. -Claudia

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

Hi Claudia.
The situation has deteriorated again with
tmnciekm.etl of 1GB
34 x dated _EETmeext?.etl of 51.2MB each
TSCDebug_FF8_0_6B62.log of 417MB

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently investigating in our lab and will get back to you soon.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

Per our investigation, this issue may be caused by incorrect log config setting. Please follow the steps below to check the setting on your side:
1) Go to folder C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP
2) Locate the file AmspLogFilter.ini, and use a text editor to open it.
3) Confirm if the setting in your AmspLogFilter.ini is the same as below. If not, modify to match the values below.
    LOG_INFO_TYPE_ENGINE_TMPROXY=0 
    LOG_INFO_TYPE_ENGINE_TMUFE_UF=0 

Please let us if the solution resolves your issue, and we'll assist you if you still encounter problems. Thank you.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights