robert's profile

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

Saturday, March 17th, 2018 11:10 AM

Closed

i want to delete a very old version of trend micro

Windows Update fails saying I need to delete "Trend Micro Internet Security 2009".
I have removed every occurrence of "trend micro" in the registry but Windows Update still fails.
I am currently using Windows 10. Trying to update to v1709

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi  robert

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer.

Did you try this?
Uninstalling Trend Micro Security and older programs for Windows using the Diagnostic Toolkit
Good luck.

Kind regards,
Tom
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi robert and welcome to the community!

As usual thanks for the help Tom Emmelot!

You may want to try out this guide: Unable to update Windows 10 due to remnants of old versions of Trend Micro Security

That should allow you to fix the issue. Please let us know if the tool did not detect the old remnants.

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

6 years ago

No better, I'm afraid.
I ran the tools (Windows 7 for 64 bit and Remnant File Remover) there was no indication that they found anything to delete.
I still get "Some Apps need to be uninstalled"  - Trend Micro Internet Security 2009

125 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

Hi robert!

Kindly try the link provided by TM_JB

Unable to update Windows 10 due to remnants of old versions of Trend Micro Security

Let us know the result. Thanks :)

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

The download "Old TM Remover.zip" only contains a .bat file and that needs a password!

125 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

Please use the password "novirus". Refer to step number 2, letter e. 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

6 years ago

Thanks, that worked - all now okay.

127 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

6 years ago

Hi robert,

You're very much welcome. Should you have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights