Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Sunday, February 11th, 2018 12:19 PM

Closed

I had to uninstall Trend Micro. How do I reinstall it without getting charged for it again?

I had problems with the Password Messenger so I tried to get rid of it with no luck. So, I uninstalled the whole thing. Now, how do I reinstall Trend Micro without being charged again. I don't want the Password Messenger.

177 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

6 years ago

Hi @jwayne507th and welcome to Trend Micro Community!

We are sorry for the issues that you encountered with the Password Manager. For you to install the Trend Micro Security program on your computer, please refer to the link below:

Installing Maximum Security

Use your Trend Micro serial number to activate the program and rest assured that you will not receive any charges for this. 

Please let us know if you are able to reinstall the program on your computer again. 

Have a wonderful day! :)

Trend Micro Home User Community

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 years ago

I reinstalled it. Now it is telling me to buy now. I have purchased once already.

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi jwayne507th,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has brought to you.

With your concern, please check if the program you reinstalled is using your Trend Micro serial number. You can check it by opening the Trend Micro Console (the one that you are using to run the scans) then on the top right part, click on the Shadow of a person icon then select About the Software. This should trigger a manual update and we just need to wait for that to finish.

You can also refer to the page to activating Trend Micro Security using a new serial numberactivate your Trend Micro subscription.

Hope this help you concern.

Trend Micro Home User Community 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 years ago

GOD DAMN SCAMMING, THEIVES!!

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Hi jwayne507th,

Sorry if you feel that way. Please feel free to let us know how we can turn around your bad experience.

As long as you have a Trend Micro account setup, reinstalling the Trend Micro program should not be a problem. Please go to this link so that you can be redirected to your Trend Micro account page. After logging in, you'll be provided with the information like the license serial number, the expiration date, and the devices connected on your account.

Please also note the there's an option to reset your account password (Forgot your password?) on the same page just in case you forgot it.

Thanks for considering. :) 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights