Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

Friday, March 30th, 2018 1:53 AM

Closed

I am not getting the green arrow that tells me the site is safe!!

485 Messages

• 

10.6K Points

6 years ago

Hello willyc3500 ! Welcome to the community!

The feature that you are referring to is the Web Site Safety rating. This feature can be enabled by adding the Trend Micro Toolbar on the compatible browsers on your computer.

Compatible browsers are as follows:
     -Internet Explorer
     -Mozilla Firefox
     -Google Chrome
     -Safari

If you are using browsers other than what is listed, the feature will really not work. Also,you may want to check if the Trend Micro Toolbar is enabled on your browsers. You may see this link for more details.

Using the Trend Micro Toolbar feature of Trend Micro Security

I hope this helps,

All the best,

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Superstar

• 

245 Messages

• 

9.7K Points

6 years ago

-I'm not a Trend Micro representative, but I like to give you some suggestion-

... and remember to right click on the toolbar TM icon and select 

Rate links on web pages (icons are displayed all the times)
Rate links on mouseover (icon appears after a while when mouse moves on the link)

In any other case toolbar is properly working but no icons are displayed. 

I'm right Kiko? u.u

;)
Brand User

24 Messages

• 

742 Points

6 years ago

Hello Max Slo, thank you for helping the community!

You are right with that. 

You can check links on any web page you visit by moving your mouse cursor over the link for a moment, and the rating will appear. Feel free to open Safe pages. You should avoid opening sites marked as Suspicious or Dangerous. Unsafe pages that you have added to the exception list will have the Trusted rating.

When you search for information on the web, the Trend Micro Toolbar will automatically rate the links in the results of popular search services. The Trend Micro Toolbar works automatically behind the scenes by monitoring websites, and a page rating icon appears next to search results and links shown in these sites:

• Google
  • Bing
  • Baidu
  • Biglobe
  • Infoseek
  • OCN
  • Goo
  • Yahoo!
In other cases that toolbar is not working properly, please take note that using a search engine assistant, such as Surf Canyon, may prevent this feature from working properly.

Learn more about using the Trend Micro Toolbar by checking the link for more details.

Using the Trend Micro Toolbar feature of Trend Micro Security

I hope this helps. :) 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights