Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 4:52 AM

Closed

How to transfer my license to a new computer?

I just got a new tower and moniter installed last evening and I still have Trend Mirco subscription left on my old computer till sometime in Dec. 2016, but I can't find the info of the protection to transfer it on the new computer, can you look it up and tell me what I have to do to transfer it to the new one? I had bought it on line..... My name is Amy Taylor amtaylor@************.net Thanks

Official Solution

Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

First of all, I have masked your email for security purposes, and also updated the title to allow better search of this topic by other customers.

Congrats on getting a new machine! We checked your license and you still have one of three seats available for installation. You can simply install Trend Micro Maximum Security on the new tower using your existing license.

In the future, in case you do want to transfer license to another Windows PC, Mac, Android or iOS device, here's an online doc to help you manage the transfer:
"Transferring a license from one device or computer to another"

Please let us know if you have other questions or encounter any problems at any time. Thanks!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

8 years ago

how do I transfer?

127 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

Hi @Jhja, thanks for helping us again!

Hi @olsmothysis, thank you for contacting us in Community!

For your question, as @Jhja mentioned, please log in your Trend Micro Account website and refer to the link below for detailed steps to transfer your license to a new device:
Transferring a license from one device or computer to another

Please let me know if you have more questions by replying here. Thank you.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

Not much help. my ipad wont open the icon sent???

45 Messages

• 

1K Points

7 years ago

Hello deneastle and welcome to the community!

May we know more details in which icon are you referring in this?

Were you able to access your Trend Micro account from the link below?

Trend Micro Account

If you are able to access the Trend Micro account, you will be able to remove a device from your subscription in there then register the device you wanted to use.

Also, I have checked your subscription and was able to confirm that you still have available slots in your account. You can refer to the link below on how to install in your devices.

Downloading, installing and activating the programs bundled with Trend Micro Security

Have a wonderful day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights