neisha6's profile

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Sunday, May 8th, 2016 10:27 PM

Closed

How to transfer a license to another laptop

hi there, I have just bought a new laptop and downloaed my trendmicro anti virus tool however I am returning the laptop because it is faulty. how do I remove the anti virus tool off here onto another laptop. sorry not very techno savy and don't want to be put off buying more software if I can't get my head around all this.

Official Response

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

@pragmatic  Thank you for your great help! That's exactly the solution we need!

@neisha6  For the returning laptop, you can check the link @pragmatic provided to disable the license. Once disabled, the installed Trend Micro Maximum Security will no longer function, so there's no need to un-install it.

I have checked your license and your license is entitled to protect 6 devices. Currently, only 1 seat in your license has been used. After you disable license on the returning laptop, you can install up to 6 devices, so there's no need to buy more software : )

Let me know if your question is answered. Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

18 Messages

• 

330 Points

8 years ago

1 Message

• 

110 Points

8 years ago

How do I get Trend micro onto my new laptop when I already have a subscription?

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

@larose   You may refer to following support page to install Maximum Security on your new laptop:
Installing Maximum Security 10 (2016) - see "Download, Install And Activate On Your Secondary Or Other Computer" section.

Please let us know if you have more questions!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights