Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Friday, May 6th, 2016 5:59 PM

Closed

How to temporarily disable Trend Micro Maximum Security to update MY Passport software

I have a WD My Passport for backing up my laptop. It's telling me that I need to update its firmware. In order to do so it is instructing me to disable my anti-virus and anti-spamware software for the process. I'm having trouble finding where I do that. Help please.

6 Messages

• 

220 Points

8 years ago

Although we do not recommend turning off protection at any time, there're occasions that you'd need to do this. Here're the steps to do turn on/off Max Security:
  1. Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit by doing either of the following:
    - Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro (program version) Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
    - Go to Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: or OS C: > Program Files > Trend Micro > Titanium > SupportTool.exe.
  2. Click the "(C) Uninstall" tab.
  3. Click "5. Stop all Components" button.
  4. Wait until all the buttons are enabled.
At this point, Maximum Security is turned off, and Trend Micro logo will not be visible in your Windows tray icon.

After you perform your WD software updates, simply click on "4. Start all Components", and the Trend Micro logo should be visible in your tray icon.

That's it. Please let us know if the above procedures works for you. Thanks.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 years ago

The tech that just started to help me was dissconnected

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 years ago

Why do I have to reply to me

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply! We checked our trouble ticket system and looks like your question has been answered by our Premium Support center. Please feel free to post questions or report issues here in the future.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights