Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 4:10 AM

Closed

How do I stop the annoying "Renew Now" Trend Micro pop-ups????

How do I stop the annoying "Renew Now" Trend Micro pop-ups????

Prodigy

• 

167 Messages

• 

3.8K Points

7 years ago

Hello @dwarchitect and thanks for contacting us in this community!

May I know if the pop-ups you are talking about comes in when you start your computer or do you receive email notifications for the renewal of your Trend Micro program? If you are getting the pop ups when you start your computer this is because the Trend Micro program is counting down to how many days are left before your subscription expires. If you want assistance in renewing your Trend Micro program you can contact our support.

I hope this was able to answer your question. Please do not hesitate to comment or post in this community.

Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

1 Message

• 

130 Points

me like wise get these popups throughout the day, they are so annoying 3 months out you have to be joking.
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hello sue.wright17248,

About this popup that you keeps on appearing your computer, can you tell us more about it? If you can provide us with a screenshot then that will be better. When I checked your records here your subscription is already updated. Maybe we need to check on something else so if you can tell us more about it then that will be so much better.

Regards,
Pat

1 Message

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

I agree this renewal pop-up is really annoying, especially when the pop-up starts more than 2 months before the renewal date and I have already purchased a replacement copy ready to install.

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

270 Points

Maybe licences should add on the leftover dates by default? Better then getting spammed 3 months before hand.

2 Messages

• 

200 Points

Several years ago I was with Trend Micro Security,like others commenting on this page the early renewal messages started 3 months before my subscription ran out.In order to stop the annoying messages I decided to renew my subscription early as I was told by a Trend Micro representative on the phone the new subscription would be added to the old one,giving me 1 year and 3 months of coverage.Upon renewing my subscription that was not the case,and my subscription was only valid for 12 months,hence the 3 months coverage from the old subscription was gone.Living in a remote location and only having a mobile phone I once again contacted Trend Security,after waiting for 45 minutes on hold listening to never ending Trend advertising(more than $35 phone-call for nothing),I just gave up.I was so annoyed I decided to cancel my newly paid subscription and go to Norton Internet Security instead.How surprising to find the same thing happened with Norton Security,with 3 months left on my subscription they started the same annoying messages for early renewal just like Trend.It seems both major companies Trend and Norton do the same thing.No doubt being the 2 largest internet security companies they have the market sewn up,and work in cahoots with each other.Once again having purchased Trend  with 3 months left on my subscription the same thing is once again happening."I KNOW WHEN MY SUBSCRIPTION IS DUE FOR RENEWAL-I DON'T WANT OR NEED TO BE CONSTANTLY SPAMMED EVERY TIME I TURN MY COMPUTER ON."
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

260 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

Hi @thematrix63,

Apologies for your troubles. As mentioned on this thread, these renewal notifications/pop-ups are important to avoid lapses and to ensure that you will be able to renew your subscription and can stay protected. We are currently coordinating this internally.

If you were able to renew and was provided with a new serial number, this does not add up automatically to the existing serial number you have. That may have been the reason why the remaining 3 months of your subscription did not reflect after the purchase.

Should this happen again, you can always contact our Support lines to assist you on addressing this issue on your account.

We hope this information helps! Thank you so much for your patience and have a great day!

2 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi Ian,
           Thanks for taking the time to reply.This is exactly what happened,I renewed my subscription 3 months early and was issued with a new product serial number.Upon entering my new product key rather than adding onto my old subscription with 3 months remaining it cancelled out my remaining 3 months left,and only gave me 12 months coverage.What is the point/purpose then of renewing early if the remaining coverage of the old subscription is lost?I will now just wait until the day my current subscription expires before renewing for another 12 months.As I stated I did try and contact your support staff,but after being placed on hold for 45 minutes as all your operators were busy I just gave up.Thank you once again for taking the time to reply.

485 Messages

• 

10.6K Points

Hello thematrix63!

We do apologize for that negative experience that you had with us. The normal scenario is that the remaining subscription months should automatically be carried over. It is only an isolated case on which has happened on your end.

Should the same problem happened again and I hope it not, or if ever you will have troubles with our program, we have other contact channels where you can reach us for free. You may try our Chat Support and our representatives can help you out through live chats.

See this link.

Chat with a Technical Support Engineer

I hope this helps,

All the best.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

260 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

7 years ago

Hi @beatle,

We understand your concern. The pop-up only suggests and informs of the current promotional offer for your subscription's renewal. Apologies if it seems to be annoying. Kindly close the pop-up on the screen. 

Thank you for the patience. Have a great day! :)

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

270 Points

6 years ago

I would like to disable these reminders/ promotions also, I have 6 computers running. Renewal is not for 86 days and I'm getting notices every couple days

2 Messages

• 

220 Points

6 years ago

Agree that it is totally annoying and is like spam. it not informing, if it was you would only do it once and via email, not use the product to spam trend micro advertising,  With multiple computers, having the renew spam regularly for over two months is turning me off the product and considering other products, with still a month to go.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

152 Points

6 years ago

I also have the same problem.
Brand User

185 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

6 years ago

Hi all, 

Sorry for the trouble, these renewal notifications are important to avoid lapses and to ensure that you will be able to renew your subscription and can stay protected. If your were able to renew and was provided with a new serial number, this does not add up automatically to the existing serial number you have. 
Also, there are some pop ups that refers to promotional discount that we have which you can take advantage of, you may opt out from receiving the pop ups by unsubscribing from it. 
You can open the email you received and at the bottom you will see the options to unsubscribe. 

Should you have any questions regarding this, feel free to comment here. 

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

152 Points

6 years ago

I'm getting renew notices several times per day.
Brand User

24 Messages

• 

742 Points

Hi gtcox, welcome to the community!

As mentioned on the previous reply, these renewal notifications are important to avoid lapses and to ensure that you will be able to renew your subscription and can stay protected. If your were able to renew and was provided with a new serial number, this does not add up automatically to the existing serial number you have. 
Also, there are some pop ups that refers to promotional discount that we have which you can take advantage of, you may opt out from receiving the pop ups by unsubscribing from it. 
You can open the email you received and at the bottom you will see the options to unsubscribe. 

Have a great day! :)

2 Messages

• 

220 Points

It is clear trend mirco is not listening to its customers,   we should have the ability to disable these messages.   It is rather ironic,  we use your product to stop malware and virus, yet your product is behaving like malware for trend micro to advertise as it feels fit and not allowing users any ability to disable it.    other than uninstall there product .   If Trend micro was serious about people renewing, then they should provide the freedom for users to opt in or out of these promotion advertising and renewal reminders.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Apologies for the inconvenience. These “Renew now” pop-ups was designed that way just to heads up customers that their subscription is about to expire. We just simply want our customers to be aware about their subscription and not having a day without any protection on their devices. This pop-ups would may prevent customers to let their subscription expire and be vulnerable to threats. 

We are gonna check this on our end and we will raise this concern. 

Thank you for understanding and have a great day!

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

270 Points

These are the popups I'm getting ( https://ibb.co/k6V7j7 ). every day for the past 2 weeks, my copy of trend is not due for 88 days.

I also don't turn one of my machines off, and it's still getting them daily.

My customers are also complaining, I sell about 15 trend licensees a week and they are getting annoying popups also. 

Should not be spamming that much, I can understand at 90 day point to get one popup, then at 60 days and another at 30 days, then one at 5 days and one day before expiry etc, but this is a joke.

In my opinion this is great sales marketing at it's best. Getting people to renew months a head of their subscription makes you more money by making the user cut their subscription short.
Brand User

185 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

6 years ago

Hi Marty, 

We are checking in our end on what is the best thing to do in this matter. As for your last statement, once the customer opt for an early renewal, as long as it is the same license the remaining days are carried over.
For the pop up that you received, this is for the on going cashback promo in your region. If
you would like to remove the pop ups, please contact our support. You may refer to the link below:

Ways to Contact Support

Regards

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

270 Points

It's not a email, it's a popup from the program. 

On going cashback promo is right, every day it pops up!

Also, under newsletter settings it says:

"Changing these settings will have no effect if you did not buy your subscription directly from Trend Micro."

No use for me.

I also don't buy license keys directly from trend, the trend versions I get are way cheaper then what you advertise. Maybe all keys should carry over the remaining days no matter what. If they did I would enter my new keys now and not have these popup issues.

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

270 Points

6 years ago

Any word if anything is being done about these annoying popups? 

I still get them every day on my screen,

Maybe Trend should give us an option to set renewal reminders to be email based? At least then I don't have a box popping up on my screen on a daily basis.
Brand User

185 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Need to ask for private info

Please reference the new conversation here: Renewal Notifications From Trend Micro

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

I don't like them either. They start to early and you do seem to be able to turn them off. I used Trend Micro for a number of years but as a result of the annoyance on all my families computers (6 in total) I've decided to switch to another companies internet security product for all my devices (12 including phones and tablets). In other product you can turn off these notifications. 

Superstar

• 

376 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Hello Marty and philbwa,

We understand what you are trying to say and we are currently coordinating this internally as well.

For the meantime, you can try to disable the Notifications for newsletter or other offers through your MyAccount Portal. 

You can sign in on the link below using your email address and the password you set for your account. 
Trend Micro MyAccount 

Once signed in, click NOTIFICATION and untick the box for Trend Micro Newsletter and Special offers, promotions, and surveys and then click on the Update Settings button. 

You may try to monitor if you will receive anything from our system within the next few days. 

I hope this  helps. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

270 Points

Hi philbwa,

The following options were already set to "off".

- Trend Micro Newsletter
- Special offers, promotions, and surveys

I think they are for email notifications, not the program ads etc.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

260 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

Hi Marty,

That is actually correct. Turning off newsletters is just one option that you may turn off in case you would not like to receive these offers via email. The main purpose of these pop-ups are to inform our customers of the running limited promotional offers for their subscriptions and we do not intend to cause any annoyance on your end.

We apologize for any troubles and inconvenience we are causing through these pop-ups and please know that this is already being coordinated internally.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day!

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

6 years ago

That I had done ages ago. The emails were never my problem with your produce, only the popups.
Brand User

185 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Need to get private information

Please reference the new conversation here: How to stop Trend Micro Renewal Notifications

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 years ago

I am so fed up with these advertising pop ups from trend micro, started 3 months before my subscription ended, I am going back to norton (this was first time i thought I would try this trend micro product). Norton don't pull this crap.
Brand User

185 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 Message

• 

130 Points

I do not use Trend Micro anymore. I uninstalled it from my computer but every time on start up I get that annoying pop up asking if I'd like to reinstall it. NO I DON'T AND I WANT THE POP UPS STOPPED. I cannot change my notification settings because I no longer use the service. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO STOP THIS???
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

262 Messages

• 

5K Points

Hi mandyuk92,

Do you mind performing the steps on this link below to try removing possible remnants of the Trend Micro program installed on your device?

Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool

We hope to hear from you soon! :)

7 Messages

• 

202 Points

6 years ago

Assuming the issue was on his end is not okay... Our computer shop has been recommending your products but these popups are irritating our clients. Based off of your wording that it is a problem on his end I am likely going to start looking for a new antivirus to recommend.

There needs to be a way to disable this notification or at least change it to 1 or 2 weeks before expiry. I am considering removing it from my own computer because of the irritation as well. Forcing people into Auto-renewal is not okay

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

256 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Renewal Pop Ups.

I completely agree..........

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Suggestion for Auto-renewal process.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights