Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 6:17 AM

Closed

how do i find the files in my vault from an old broken laptop.

how do i find the files in my vault from an old broken laptop. i removed the old hard drive and connected to my new one as an external hard drive. but cant find the files anywhere.

485 Messages

• 

10.6K Points

7 years ago

Hello there piscesx69x ! Welcome to the community!

We understand that you are extract the files from the Trend Micro Vault saved from the a hard disk that was installed on your old and broken laptop. Allow me to share some information about this.

You can locate the files on saved on the Trend Micro Vault on the location from the old hard drive:

\Users\\AppData\Local\Trend Micro

Example:
F:\Users\TMKiko\AppData\Local\Trend Micro

Note: This location is Hidden by default so try enabling the Hidden Files of your computer and as well as the System Protected Files from the Folder Options or File Explorer Options on your computer before proceeding with the steps.

The files should be saved there.

I hope this works!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 years ago

thank you. i found them but they wont open. how do i get them to open?

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi piscesx69x,

Thank you for updating us regarding the issue.

For you to open the files, you just need to open the files in the said location. Can you confirm if you have encountered an error while you try to open the said files. It would help us if you can also provide a screen shot of the error for us to better assist you.

We will wait for your response regarding this matter for us to further assist you.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 years ago

no error comes up. when i open them my vlc player opens up like its going to work but nothing happens? 

85 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

7 years ago

Hi piscesx69x,

Thank you for the update.

Do you have the Trend Micro program installed on the computer where you are trying to access those files? If not, please install the program, then follow the steps below.

1.       Install the program using the file from the link below.

Installing Maximum Security 2017

2.       After installation, disable the Trend Micro program.

-          Right click the Trend Micro icon on the system tray then choose Exit.

3.       Copy the Vault folder from your external hard drive to the same location to your computer.

4.       Enable Trend Micro.

-          Click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop to open Main Console.

5.       Turn on the Vault feature

-          On the main console, click Data tab

-          Click Configure beside Vault

-          Create a password

-          Click OK

6.       You should see a Trend Micro Vault icon on your desktop. Open your files from this icon.

Let us know the results of these steps.

Have a great day!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 years ago

wont let me set up vault because my trend has expired?
Brand User

59 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

7 years ago

Hi @piscesx69x,

Thank you for your response. 

I have manually extended your subscription for two weeks for you to access your Trend Micro Vault. Please let me know if this retrieve your files.

Thank you and have a great day!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 years ago

I set up the vault.. files are in the vault. but when i try and open them vlc player opens but still wont play any of them? 

485 Messages

• 

10.6K Points

7 years ago

Hello piscesx69x !

The Trend Micro Vault encrypts the files inside it to have it protected. There is a chance that it will not function using another application due to the change in coding.

Can you try extracting it first out of the Trend Micro Vault then try opening the video again? You can just copy the file and paste it on your desktop then try playing it from there.

Hope this helps.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights