janetndouglas's profile

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 12:07 PM

Closed

How can I stop the folder shield from blocking files?

I just installed a program and then it gets blocked but I am not sure if I actually unblocked it when the message came up. Obviously this blocking was unnecessary as I want the program on my computer. How can I get rid of the folder shield or stop it and see what is blocked/trusted?

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

8 years ago

Hi Janet,
if you install a 100% trusted program, the best thing is to exit Trend, ( like all AV programs) right click in tray and choose Exit. This you should do also when you update drivers! But only if you trust them 100%!!! Else let TM do his work. If you get the warning after a reboot than just click on trusted!
Kind Regards,
Tom

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Hi Tom, thanks for helping!

Hi janetndouglas, Folder Shield is a new feature of Trend Micro Security 2017, which adds an extra layer of defense that limits access to files within the protected folder, and also prevents ransomware from encrypting your selected folder. 

In another word, you will be notified if any programs try to open or make unauthorized changes to files protected by Folder Shield. 

As Tom mentioned, only if you 100% trusted the program, then you can add the program to the Trusted Program List of Folder Shield by following steps:

1.  Open the main console of Trend Micro Security
  2.  Click Data, then select Configure which in the Folder Shield section
  3.  Click Trusted Program List link. 

4. Click +Add, then select Browse to search for the program you want that can access files protected by Folder Shield.

Please let us know if the above procedure works for you.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights