Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

Friday, April 29th, 2016 10:13 PM

Closed

High CPU usage for Trend Micro Solution Platform

Is there a setting or what can I do to stop the Solution Platform from using so much CPU for long periods of time? I've currently been using the laptop for 1.5hrs, and the Solution Platform has my CPU running at 2.7Ghz non-stop at ~30% usage and 495.2MB memory since I turned it on.

The next highest process is currently Chrome at ~3%, Explorer 1.2% and so on below that.

I thought that it would be just a scan and would go away on its own, but it doesn't seem to ever stop. I've got Max Security 10.0.

Using Windows 10 64bit V1511 Build 10586.218.
Asus UX305UA, i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD.
Brand User

Hustler

• 

55 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

8 years ago

Our support team is currently unavailable. We will review the information you provided and get back to you soon.

In the meantime, please try the following solution first:
Slow pc performance due to high CPU or memory usage of CoreServiceShell.exe

CoreServiceShell.exe is the OS process name for Trend Micro Solution Platform.

Thank you.

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

8 years ago

I've had the exact same issue for months. I've gone through the steps cited by the support staff above, but the process just stays at 29-30% CPU. I can tell that it's running just walking by, since that level of CPU keeps the fan running constantly. Sometimes a reboot will calm it down, but pretty soon it's right back up there, buzzing away.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

8 years ago

Yeah exactly! I'm doing my bookwork (MYOB, Excel & Chrome running) and the fan is going flat out when the laptop would be idle if it weren't for that Solution Platform.

If we knew what it was for I could try to find what combination of programs is kicking it in to gear.

You also can't 'End Task' it unless you close the Trend Micro program as well.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Thank you for letting us know that the high CPU problem persists. We definitely want to help you resolve this issue.

@greg.elsley, if the troubleshooting steps did not work for you, what we can do is pass your issue to another support center, who will be able to work with you in-depth to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you would like us to do that.

@mrmathis, we could also pass your problem to the support center. If you'd like to do that, please provide your Trend Micro product version, OS, and basic PC info, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

I'd love some help. I have Trend Micro Maximum Security 2016, version 10.0.1186. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, on a Dell Inspiron ONE 2305.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

@mrmathis, thank you for providing the information. I will pass your info to our support center to create a trouble ticket, and a member of our support center will contact you through email soon!

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

I have the same problem and Trends Premier Support has not found anything...
But I know something is wrong and I am concerned to use the machine for online banking and such

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

@greg.garro  Sorry our service did not make you feel more at ease. I checked the service log from your Security Health Check Service, and the resolution shows that CPU was running at a lower % after our engineer performed the service. Are you encountering high CPU/memory usage after our health check service?

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

I found the issue for me. When I  installed a new software it enabled MS One Drive in the Startup. Once I disables the MS One Drive my machine went back to normal operation and has been that way for a few days now. I do not use any cloud based storage and oddly enough received an email from Microsoft last week about One Drive changes which prompted me to look at the items in Startup.
I hope this helps

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

8 years ago

I use OneDrive all the time for work so can't really go without that.

Uninstalling Trend Micro and re-installation it has fixed my problem though as it hasn't happened (as severely) since then.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

@greg.elsley Thanks for letting us know that you were able to resolve your issue via reinstall! Sorry that this probably consumed good amount of your time to troubleshoot and resolve. We have provided this information to our product development team so they could consider possible product enhancements to reduce the occurrence of high CPU usage.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I uninstall and re-install several times and the problem still exist, after uninstall and re-install the 1st time its okay for couple weeks and then the cpu go up to 20-30% during video play

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

Apologies for the late reply. Performance issues are always complicated and could be due to a number of different factors. For your reference, please make sure you're installing the Maximum Security 10 (2016) when you reinstall. Here's the doc for how to get latest version.

The best way resolve your issue is to connect you with our call center support engineer who will be able to work with you to investigate and resolve. We're not sure where you're currently located, so here're two ways to contact support:
- Ways to Contact Support - US 
- 聯絡我們 - Taiwan

Let us know if you have trouble reaching our call centers. Thanks!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights