Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Monday, January 2nd, 2023 12:00 PM

Closed

Happy New Year Trend Micro Community!

We are grateful for all your contributions and efforts to make our community healthy and a safe space for sharing Trend Micro Security concerns.

Thank you for all you’ve done to help us grow this year. Can’t wait to move onward and upward in 2023!

What to expect this year!
  1. Enhanced experience managing notifications with published posts, announcements, etc.
  2. More Trend Micro Experts are helping our Community.
  3. Timely updates on product improvements, fixes, and features.

In celebration of a fresh start, let's welcome the new year with the 2023 TM Community Badge. Post questions, ideas, or any tech concerns and interact in the comments to get this badge. Only this year's activities will be counted, so what are you waiting for? Share your New Year's online safety resolution in the comments section below.

I'll share mine below!

Happy New Year from all of us at Trend Micro!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

2 years ago

Happy New Year To all of You!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@tom_emmelot​ happy new year Tom! 

Thank you for always helping others in our community. More collabs in 2023. Cheers!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

I promise I will change my social media passwords every 3 months! That's my New Year's online safety resolution.

What's yours?

How about you @tom_emmelot?

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

574 Points

@tm_kree​ mine would be similar but will extend it to my devices like router at home, my phones passcode and convince everyone in the household too hihi :))

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@Mickey_Limon that's a good one! Thanks for sharing. I will check internet devices too.

Happy New Year!

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi @tm_kree ,

I use TM on my PC, my wife's Laptop, my Oukitel K12, but when can I use it on my Synology NAS DS216 and on my Raspberry Pi V4 and 3???

I never use the same password twice. All my passwords are minimal 10 digits, and uses all tokens letters and numbers. I never answer phones from banks, Microsoft, police or other phony people. Also, no mails that I didn't know the name from. To do that, I use MailWascherPro from Firetrust.

My NAS was already taken to send Spam. So I feel safe for 2032, on the most of my devices!

kind regards,

Tom

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

These are great practices @tom_emmelot​.  I'm guilty of using the same password on some of my online accounts but 2023 is here, a fresh start. I started updating my passwords yesterday.

I also do the same on my emails, I only open emails from known senders. I will definitely check this app, MailWascherPro from Firetrust.

Happy New Year again Tom! Thanks.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

2 years ago

In 2022 when Medibank was hacked, they also took information from AHM for which I had been a member for a short time. So I discovered from mail received that I had lost part information but not all from this Hacking.  It left me feeling troubled and at a loss that some one could just take vital and personal information from AHM with ease to re use it for corrupt activities.   This sense of am I ruined, the dread of loss both financial and personal is why we need Trend Micro to keep our private, personal and financial information protected online and now on mobile too.  

So thankyou Trend Micro for the great work you do to keep us locals up to date and  protected....    Happy New Year to you, your staff and customers too.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Hi, @jambrose208​ thank you for sharing your experience here in our community and for trusting Trend Micro Security!

Here's what to do next if your personal information is leaked online!

Happy new year to you and your entire family!

Hotshot

• 

41 Messages

• 

714 Points

2 years ago

A happy not getting infected thanks to TrendMicro 2023

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Hi @ben_aba54f​! Cheers to a great new year! Thank you for joining all gamification and for helping around the community last year! We're excited about what we can achieve together this year! 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@ben_aba54f what's your New Year's online safety resolution or your online best practices? 

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

2 years ago

Never awarded a 2021 or 2022 badge when will 2023 be seen?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Happy New Year @davevt31​! 

Getting the TM 2021 and  TM 2022 badges is quite a challenge because of their conditions. Learned from it!

For the 2023 badge, you can get it with a post and a comment from January 1 to December 31, 2023.

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

No problems, badges are nice but not going to make a real difference if they are there or not.

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@tm_kree​ 

Must have been the like thing holding me back, not a person that hits the like button.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@davevt31 no worries, we understand. Any suggestion?

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

Hopefully, Trend Micro will be available on QNAP NAS in 2023!

The sooner the better :-)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@lhendrix​ We'll keep this on our radar. I'll forward your suggestion to our product development team.

Happy New Year @lhendrix! 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights