defeyterjef's profile

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Sunday, October 8th, 2017 1:30 PM

Closed

Compatibility with Opera (browsing speed)

I installed Opera internet browser yesterday. That's my favourite browser. Opera runs very slow (browsing a new page takes 10-20s), but when i turn off trend micro, then opera is very fast. I've WIN10 and Trend Micro maximum security. Is there a solution or setting in Trend Micro so i still have network protection while i can use Opera with normal browsing speed?

10 Messages

• 

220 Points

7 years ago

Hi, defeyter.jef!

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for reaching us about this concern. There are some compatibility issues regarding the Trend Micro security program and Opera browser because the said browser is not supported by Trend Micro. For more information about the supported browsers that will work best with Trend Micro, here's the link of the system requirements.

Meanwhile, please try reinstalling the Trend Micro program using the latest version we have through the link below: 

Upgrading Trend Micro Security to the latest version

You may also add the Opera browser to the Exception List of Trend Micro and check if the performance of the browser improves after adding the browser to the list. 

Configuring the Exception List of Trend Micro Security

Hope this answers your query.

All the best,

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

7 years ago

Hi Paolo,

Yesterday i added the Opera folder to the exception list of trend micro. After restarting my PC (reboot) Opera runs much faster while Trend micro is running. Browsing a new website takes about 1 to 2 seconds now, but that's comparable to Firefox or IE. 

Thanks for the reply.

Jef

Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi defeyter.jef!

Thank you for providing this update. It's so nice to hear that everything is back to normal!

Should you have any other concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights