• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Saturday, November 19th, 2016 4:11 PM

Closed

Bug

Hi,
I got a bug in TM 17, i am on Win 10, i put IE11 off in the MS program menu, so my Default browser is now Firefox. Then i go to TM menu "Privacy Scanner" and if i click on both of the buttons to Check nothing happens because it is not connected to the default browser but only to IE
Kind regards,
Tom
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi Tom, thanks for letting us know this issue. 

We're checking internally to get you more information on this. Thanks!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi Tom, sorry for the late reply.

After checking this with our internal team, we confirmed that regardless of what the default browser is, if the privacy scanner is opened from the main console, it will always use Internet Explorer.

If Privacy Scanner is opened from Trend Micro Toolbar (Check your online privacy), it will open in the browser you chose.
Using the Trend Micro Toolbar feature of Trend Micro Security - refer to "What are the options for Trend Micro Toolbar?

Please let me know if you have more concerns or questions by replying here. Thank you.

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

8 years ago

Hi Linda,

I still say that it is a bug, because you should Program it that it opens default browser and not a browser that Nobody is using anymore!

Kind regards,
Tom
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi Tom, we appreciate your feedback!

I already forwarded the situation to our related Team and to prioritize for future releases. Thank you!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights