Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Monday, November 28th, 2022 3:45 AM

Closed

Automatic Upgrade for Trend Micro Security for Windows is here!

Last October 5, 2022, Trend Micro Security released its latest program version for Windows users. It is currently available for manual download through Trend Micro Help Center, Trend Micro Download Center or through Trend Micro Renewal notices.

Today, Trend Micro delivers this program upgrade automatically on your Windows computer.

NOTE: 
The automatic upgrade is not yet available with the Best Buy version. Watch out for the community announcement soon!

What will happen...

• You will receive this message on your computer screen.

Software Successfully Upgraded

What to do next

• Before restarting, make sure to save your files or what you're working on.

It will automatically remove the older version and install the latest one. Click Restart Now to start the upgrade.

• After restarting, the upgrade will resume in the background. You will see an Upgrading to the newest version icon on the taskbar.

Upgrading to the newest version

• A confirmation message will appear after the upgrade. You now have the latest version!

You Now Have the Latest Trend Micro Security Protection

Trend Micro Security Scavenger Hunt

Now that you're done upgrading, join the Trend Micro Scavenger Hunt to win the Upgrade Badge. The first 10 to finish the tasks will get a license extension.

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

446 Points

2 years ago

I'm not on social media so I can't Like this on Facebook.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

574 Points

hi @mbgorka​,

how did the upgrade go? apart from liking the Facebook page of Vanessa, you can also try other tasks such as running a scan after successfully installing the upgrade :) 

thanks,

mickey

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

How's your Automatic Upgrade experience?

Share your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to play the  Trend Micro Scavenger Hunt!

Cheers!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

Upgrade was awful  Toolbar is now broken in both browsers: chrome and firefox.  Doesn't recognize that Trend is installed on my computer.  Gives this message: 

Install the latest version of Trend Micro Maximum Security now
To enhance your protection, Trend Micro recommends installing Trend Micro Maximum Security. Learn more

(but password manager works.  go figure). Have to open payguard from the main Trend console.

Please fix

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Hi @trishamarsh​! 

Thank you for sharing your upgrade experience in our community.

We also receive similar feedback from other users. A dedicated team is working on solutions to fix these concerns. I will also share your feedback with our product development team.

I will keep you posted with updates in this thread.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights