don_orlando's profile

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Monday, February 26th, 2018 3:41 PM

Closed

Turn on password manager by default

I have password manager. I am the only person who has access to my office computer. How do I arrange for the password manager to always be activated? Signing in every time is very cumbersome and very slow.

Thanks

125 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

6 years ago

Hi Don Orlando and welcome to the Community!

Entering your master password every time you sign in to a website is part of securing your passwords. A sample scenario would be in case somebody is able to access your computer without your permission, he will not be able to get into your accounts and hack them. The advantage you get with Password Manager is that instead of remembering a lot of passwords, you'll only need one which is called the master password. 

I hope I was able to help you. 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

I feel the same way. If I have to enter a password to Trend every time I want to skip to another page, I may as well enter the password I have for that site. It is driving me nuts! I have Google Chrome keeping my password. Do I need both?

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Welcome to the Community, tracyfluitt!

Is this about when the Password Manager becomes inactive for a certain amount of time? You can adjust that by going into this link. Sign in using your Trend Micro account and enter your Master Password. Click on your name and go to Settings, go to the Master Password tab then adjust the time next to When my browser is inactive for option.

You can use only either Google Chrome or Password Manager but please be informed that the Google Chrome browser does not encrypt saved passwords so it's not that secure; hence, the development of Password Manager.

Warm Regards... :)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights