Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

212 Points

Friday, December 16th, 2016 9:55 PM

Closed

Sites with 2 Step Authentication

How does Password Manager handle sites with 2 step verification? Right now it does not prompt me for my password, but when we get to the second step it wants to save the password.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Hi Steven, Password Manager support some sites with two-steps verification if the password is not random.

Could you please answer the following question? so I can understand the situation a bit more and assist you better.
  1. What is the URL of the website?
  2. Which browser occurs this problem? (e.g. Internet Explorer11, Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m, etc.)
  3. What device (OS) are you using? (e.g. Windows7, Window10, Mac OS, Android, etc.)
  4. The version of your Password Manager.
  5. Is this issue also happens on other websites?
I'll investigate on our end once I received information and help you further. 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

212 Points

8 years ago

The second password is random, so its not going to work. What I have done is excluded it from Password Manager.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

212 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Native Windows 10 Apps.

I have apps that are Windows 10 native apps, like Facebook, Twitter, and so on. These apps have ids/pswds but Password Manager is not protecting them. Have you looked into these?

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

212 Points

8 years ago

Why did you merge this. These have nothing to do with one another?

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Hi Steven, I've merged these two conversations since both of the contents are related to Password Manager, so I can answer them together to ensure you will not be notified twice. 

I can fork the topic of Native Windows 10 Apps to another thread again if you want me to do so : )

Regarding the two-steps verification, I'm sorry that Password Manager cannot help you to sign in the site automatically since the second password is random. However, you can still store your ID and password in Secure Note safely, and let Password Manager help you to remember them.

Here's a support page for detailed information of Secure Note:
Using the Secure Note feature of Password Manager

For Native Windows 10 Apps, I'm happy that you mentioned about it. Our Product Development team also consider supporting apps in the future to enhance the user experience of Password Manager.

And actually, the latest version of Password Manager (3.8) has supported some iOS apps already. You may access this page to see the supported iOS apps list. 

Hope we can satisfied your needs soon! Wish you have a Happy New Year!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights