jim_87bc2f's profile

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Thursday, October 27th, 2016 11:16 PM

Closed

Password Manager is My Halloween Nightmare

Hi,
I purchased password manager last night - installed it - (I already had an old version & subscription which expired) - the old version has reactivated itself but I don't remember the master password.- when i try to reset it, I get a message that the service is not available right now. Or it routes me back to where I began. Please help...Jim
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi @Jim, I understand your frustration. 

For your issue, we suggest uninstalling the previous version of Password Manager, and reinstalling the latest version to reset your Master Password. You can refer to the link below for detailed steps:

1. Uninstalling Trend Micro Password Manager on Windows

2. Downloading and installing Password Manager on Windows and Mac

3. Resetting the Master Password of Trend Micro Password Manager
    Important: Resetting your Master Password will remove all your saved data such as passwords and secure notes. 

4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about purchasing and renewing Password Manager - refer to "How Can I Upgrade The Free Version Of Password Manager To A Paid Version?"

Note: Type in your Activation Code if you already purchased one.

It's quite a few steps to perform, but please do let us know if it solves the issue. We'll assist you if you still encounter problems. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

8 years ago

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Password Manager several times, but kept getting an error message telling me that I had already downloaded and installed it. Guess what? I already knew that--but was trying to get a clean install on my PC, free of errors! I then tried using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit and Uninstall Tools to give me a clean reinstall, but again to no avail: the same error message reappeared. As a last resort, I even tried doing a System Restore to an earlier time period before ever installing any Trend Micro products--but again, no luck. I have finally given up on using the entire Maximum Security suite as well as either version (free or paid) of the Password Manager. It's just too buggy and unreliable!
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

Since this is a different question, we've created a new post for your issue.

Please reference the new conversation here: Cannot reinstall Password Manager

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights