karenabrown's profile

1 Message

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 8:57 AM

Closed

Forgotten Master Password

I have forgotten my master password for password manager and my hint does not help. How do I reset it or remove it because it is really annoying popping up all the time when all I can do is close it
Brand User

12 Messages

• 

312 Points

7 years ago

Hello karena.brown, and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue that you have encountered. Apologies for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you.

Since your Master Password contains your private information, Trend Micro will not be able to retrieve your Master Password nor provide you a temporary password. You need to reset your account to create a new Master Password. For instructions on how to reset your Master Password, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Resetting the Master Password of Trend Micro Password Manager.

Note: Resetting your master password will also remove your saved passwords.

Or if you want to remove/disable the option to sign in to your accounts using the Master Password, you may simply remove the Password Manager Toolbar/Extension in the browsers you're using. For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Removing unnecessary and unwanted toolbars in your web browsers.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights