randygk's profile

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Friday, February 9th, 2018 2:18 AM

Closed

Drop Down

How do I stop the drop down box from constantly dropping down asking to log into my email and no matter if I chose log in or close it drops down again in a minute

Legend

• 

358 Messages

• 

11.2K Points

6 years ago

Does this occur only when you are checking your email? if so, I have the same problem. Sometimes I find it a nuisance, but I'd rather know that I am protected from cookies/tracking cookies even if they are from my email service provider. So, signing in three, four, or five times a day is worth the inconvenience to know my information is secure.

Now, if your drop-down is happening when your NOT checking your email, that's a problem I can't help with. I'm just a long-time user of Trend Micro as well as many others here. We try to offer help to others from our personal experience or that of the Trend Micro techs who answer questions here all the time. I hope this helps...Tim

1 Message

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

Hi randygk and welcome to the community!

We understand that you want to stop the drop-down list from constantly dropping down suggestions. This happens when you have multiple accounts or email addresses, it would be much better to be asked for your email address and password to make sure that you're the one logging on the account.

Also, if you wish to delete other suggestions and keep only 1 email account, you can just simply delete the browsing history on your browser including auto-fill form data and saved passwords then try again logging in using your email account and password and save it.

To clear the browsing data or history on your browser, please check the link below:

Clearing a web browser's cache

Also, can you please verify if this is just happening when you're checking your email or even on other websites? Can you also provide screen shots for this so we can check?

We will wait for your response.

Have a great day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

It happens whenever I am browsing the internet.

125 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

6 years ago

Hi randygk!

Thanks for the response. Kindly follow the suggested troubleshooting above and see if it will resolve your concern. It would also be best if you will be able to provide us a screenshot so that we'll have an idea what appropriate step to recommend. 

Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights