boyle_ac's profile

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

Sunday, December 11th, 2016 4:08 AM

Closed

Cannot sign in to Password Manager on Android Device (any)

I have a licence for Password Manager that was originally purchased as DirectPass.

I know my TrendMicro account password and my Password Manager Master Password (which are different!).

I can use Password Manager perfectly on any PC.

My Master Password is not accepted on any Android Mobile.

Is my licence restricted to PC or Single Device?

Been trying for 18 mths to get Password Manager on my Mobile!

Official Solution

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

8 years ago

It appears that I have been using a Master PW that is greater than 20 characters, which is now not permitted on the PC application.

Once I reduced the number of characters, I was able to access the app on both PC and my Mobile.

So the issue was that my Master Password was too long.

Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi @boyle_ac, sorry for not getting back earlier and we totally understand your frustration.

For your issue, could you please try not to input the Master Password directly, but from typing somewhere else and paste it in Password Manager? If the same symptom occurs, have you tried the following steps? If not, please give it a shot:
  1. Remove Password Manager's local data from (Settings - Apps - All \ Password Manager - Clear data + Clear cache). 
  2. Stop all background apps' process. 
  3. Re-open your Password Manager APP. 
If the problem still persists, to help you further with this problem, we need a bit more information for further investigation. Just to confirm:
  1. Besides your Samsung Note 3 with Android v5, are there any other Android Devices you have tried? If yes, please let us know the type of Android Device and Android OS.
  2. The version of your Password manager in your Android Devices. 
  3. Screenshots of the problem. (Screenshots of Master Password is not accepted on any Android Mobile)
Please let us know if you were able to resolve your issue by trying the above. If still unsuccessful, please provide the requested information and we'll have to pass your issue to our support center for further investigation. Thank you.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all of your suggestions above and no luck.

The additional info you requested is:

I have tried a Samsung S7 on Android 5.0 also
Password Manager version is 3.7.1088
Cannot screen shot as it is the Master Password screen that I get stuck.

After typing (or pasting) the password and clicking done (or click the "lock" icon) nothing occurs and I get the Password Hint displayed.

If I continue to touch the "Lock" icon 3 times I get an error message that I have entered the incorrect password.
Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi @boyle_ac, thanks for the information.

We've escalated your case to our related team for further investigation and will get back to you as soon as possible. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Brand User

Veteran

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

16K Points

8 years ago

Hi @boyle_ac, thank you for the feedback!

It's so nice to hear that you can use your Password Manager on your  Android Devices! Your feedback would really help us improve how we support customers. Please feel free to ask questions or report product issues in the community in the future. Thank you very much!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights