Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 4:05 PM

Closed

I am having a problem with the Trend VPN setting on my iPhone and iPad.

I am having a problem with the Trend VPN setting on my iPhone and iPad. The setting connects on demand and disconnects me from my home wi-fi and the Verizon network, therefore I have no internet connection. I shut off the connect on demand setting within the content sheild protection, uner setting, general, VPN and it connects ramdomly. I need to shut it off permanently. How do I do it?
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

6 years ago

Hello pbellomo,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We are already aware of the issue and we are continuously thriving to create a fix for it. We'll let you know once we have a solution for this problem.

Regards,
Pat

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

I update my iPhone to IOS 12 & now the VPN is messing up  my WIFI & my phone. I need a fix in order to use my Internet connection that I pay for which is unlimited & it will not work.  Please help....

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

Same problem here  It doesn't even help tp try to turn content shield off, becuase it content shied icon shows it is off
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

6 years ago

Hello jeffjenn15206 and Harry,

We are already working on this issue. We are going to make a formal announcement once this is already fixed. Thank you for your patience.

Right now,we suggest everyone to turn off the Content Shield feature of the app to avoid any conflict.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

6 years ago

Can't turn off Content Shield.  Clicking on the check mark icon goes to a DNS page.  Other than go without protection, if I Signed Out of TrendMicro on my iPhone and then "restored purchase" after the fix is ready would it cause any other problems?

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

290 Points

Hi When is a fix going to be announced ? Been waiting for weeks now.
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hi camassac,

We're sorry for the experience.

We are still investigating the issue. We'll make an announcement once this has been already fixed. Rest assured that our team is working hard in creating a solution for the problem.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

6 years ago

I signed out of Trend on my iPhone then signed back in.  The VPN issued seems to have resolved itself.  
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hello pbellomo,

That's very interesting. Just to be clear you signed out to your account from the Settings of the Trend Micro Security app right?

Please keep us posted if ever that you'll encounter the same issue again.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Hello, I am having the same issue with VPN and internet connection after upgrading to IOS 12.01. The VPN is very tempremntal. I tried logging off trendmicro, uninistall and install but that did not work. soultion?
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hello jalawneh,

We're sorry to hear that you encounter issues with our app. We are still investigating this matter.

For the meantime, you may follow the workaround from this article: Issues with the Content Shield feature of Mobile Security on iOS 12

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Hello Pat and thank you for your reply. However, I have found that fix option you highlighted while searching the web but it did not work. I have also tried to toggle between the DNS settings and it wors BUT I need to always toggle between the settings. I understand that Trend are aware of all these issues but it is start to get a little silly! May alos add that the app seems to slow internet connection speed. Maybe there is a relay when VPN is connected but it the speed drop is noticeable. Hope you folks get this sorted soon. Cheers
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hello jalawneh,

We appreciate your patience about this matter. We'll let everyone know once we have already created a fix for this.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

I was experiencing the same issue with IOS 12 and was able to restore wifi/vpn connection by selecting "System Default" under DNS Settings in Content Shield.

Hope this helps.
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hello allenedee,

Thanks for this suggestion, we really appreciate it. Rest assured that we're continuously working on this matter and we'll let everyone know once we have created a fix for this problem.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

Hello , have you got a work around this problem?,  as i'm having the same issue. Frustrating to say the least . May just have to get this app removed from my phone.

Brand User

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Hi baldiprupra,

Welcome to the community!

Apologies, for this inconvenience. Our dedicated team is still working for the solution for this issue. Rest assured, in case it's already fix, we will let everyone know.

If you uninstall the Trend Micro app, you will lose your protection to your device, so instead of uninstall it. You may turn OFF Content shield for the meantime and use the SafeSurfing feature to protect yourself against unsafe websites.

Should you have further questions or needed help, please don't hesitate to reach us out.

Regards,
TM_Jan

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

140 Points

Seems like from previous posts that you have not been able to resolve this issue for weeks. some of us need continuous connection  to the internet which by installing your app we fail to get. Will be going back to my store where purchased to discuss as they tend to promote your product over others.
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

We're sorry for the inconvenience baldiprupra

You may follow the steps from this article: Issues with the Content Shield feature of Mobile Security on iOS 12

The steps on that article is just a workaround and is not a guaranteed solution. If it won't work for you, we advice everyone to turn off Content Shield to avoid internet connection issues.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

140 Points

Hi, tried the work around with no success. Kindly advice on how to turn off content shield as I am unable to and it comes back.

Superstar

• 

571 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

Hi baldiprupra

Open Mobile Security on your device, tap Content Shield then tap on the check icon. 

^X

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

Is there any likelihood of this issue being resolved please? i'm paying money for a product/service that isn't working and i'm getting truly sick of having to go in and turn the vpn off daily. Please get this fixed.

Hustler

• 

61 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi jameseaves71

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Our dedicated team is working hard to work on a solution for this matter. Rest assured that we will let you know once they do. 

For now, you may check this link for a workaround: Issues with the Content Shield feature of Mobile Security on iOS 12.

Regards, 
Mac

1 Message

• 

112 Points

6 years ago

I am having the same issue after installing Trend Micro Mobile Security a few days ago on my Apple X.  This is very troublesome.  The post is over 60 days old and this issue has gone unresolved. 

After spending time chatting with Trend Micro Support.  A reset of the iPhone Network Settings, resolved the connectivity issue.  Only to have internet issues reappear after giving Content Shield VPN Permissions.

I would advise doing a reset on the Network Settings and DO NOT give Content Shield Permissions to Enable the Trend Micro VPN until they have a permanent fix.  iPhone – Settings – General – Reset – Reset Network Settings.  (This will clear all saved WiFi passwords and SSID information)

Last month I also purchased Trend Micro Worry Free for our business (120 Licenses).  Having only installed the end points on Windows 10 PCs.  This doesn’t give me the confidence in their support and a quick resolution after seeing this post and having this issue myself.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

5 years ago

Have you fixed the problem yet? People have been complaining about this for 2 years and you keep saying you're working on it. My mum is struggling with the issue right now. She paid good money for Trend Micro and all it does is give her a mandatory VPN that she can't turn off and prevents all her other apps from working. Please either tell me how she can turn VPN off, or how she can get a refund. 
Brand User

Hustler

• 

163 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi suet35,

This issue has already been addressed by the newer versions of Mobile Security. Have you tried to install the update on her phone?

To update it here's how:
1. Go to the Appstore.
2. Search for Mobile Security, if an update is available tap the button. 

You may check as well what version is on your phone:
1. Open Mobile Security.
2. Scroll down then tap Settings.
3. Tap About, the version 8.0.1150.

The Content Shield feature has been replaced by Web Guard if you want to turn it off please check this guide on using it:

Using the Web Guard feature of your Mobile Security for iOS

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

How is this still an issue in 2021.

I’ve had to disconnect Trend mobile from my iPhone 11 so I can connect to the web through both my home wifi and Optus data in my data package.

I only purchased Trend last week, November 2021 and I’m having the same issue as everyone above.

what a waste of money. Why are you still selling this product for IOS uses knowing it doesn’t work?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi smithcaroline902,

We would like to take a look at this closely I would like to ask further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please let us know what happened and on what part did you encounter the problem.

Also, please provide us the following information:

1. Trend Micro Version
2. On what device and its Operating System Version.

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

TM turns On Demand VPN back on every time you scan (latest IOS 15.0.2, latest TM). Could you add a setting like “Automatically enable VPN on Demand after Scan?” So I can turn this off? VPN is not necessary on my home Wi-Fi and it breaks most smart home device discovery (Nest, Google, KasaSmart, Alexa).

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Let us take a close look at this, bfeuless.

Can you provide the following information below?

• Trend Micro Mobile Security version
  • Phone model
  • iOS version

Awaiting for your response.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

@tm_kim iPhone SE (MHGF3LL/A), IOS 15.1 (problem has been present since IOS 13 when I installed TM), TM MobileSecurity 9.6.1144 .  Last night, was fiddling with this, I notice that the VPN On Demand is turned on whenever I run the wifi checker.  I see there is an "Approved List" but it is empty and the Edit button is gray and can't be clicked. If there were a way to get my home network in here and if that would disable VPN On Demand, that would be great!

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

We are now checking on this, bfeuless. We'll send you an update as soon as possible.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

2 years ago

bei mir geht auch nix mehr, so bald kommt upgraden drücke auf weiter geht nix mehr vpn geht auch nicht 

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

@metix73

Das klingt nach einem anderen Problem. Ich schlage vor, dass Sie hier eine neue Konversation eröffnen:

https://de.community.trendmicro.com/conversations/new?keywords=bei%20mir%20geht%20auch%20nix%20mehr%2C%20so%20bald%20kommt%20upgraden%20drücke%20auf%20weiter%20geht%20nix% 20mehr%20vpn%20geht%20auch%20nicht%20

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hallo metix73,

Willkommen bei der Trend Micro Community für Heimanwender.

Vielen Dank für den Vorschlag bfeuless. Ich möchte Sie um eine weitere Beschreibung und Erklärung der Symptome bitten, die Sie erleben. Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, was passiert ist und an welcher Stelle Sie auf das Problem gestoßen sind.

Bitte teilen Sie uns außerdem folgende Informationen mit:

1. Trend Micro Mobile Security-Version
2. Telefonmodell

Warten auf Ihre Antwort.

-TM_Angelo

Hi metix73,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Thank you for the suggestion bfeuless. I would like to ask further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please let us know what happened and on what part did you encounter the problem.

Also, please provide us the following information:

1. Trend Micro Mobile Security version
2. Phone model

Awaiting for you response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

I once specified which model which ios how professional since

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

TM_Angelo; I'm going to drop out of this conversation.  My problem has been addressed.  Short answer, I have to control the VPN entirely through the MobileSecurity app and can not use the VPN controls in IOS settings.  I made a suggestion about using a WiFi whitelist, so the VPN would not interfere, for instance, on my home network.  That said, I'm out! :)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

That's good to that everything fine now, bfeuless. Let us know if you need further assistance. Have a great day! 

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights