kevinlewis1's profile

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 2:41 AM

Closed

For OS X the latest version of software does not work with High Sierra. What is the fix?

For OS X the latest version of software does not work with High Sierra.  What is the fix?

Prodigy

• 

167 Messages

• 

3.8K Points

7 years ago

Hello kevinlewis1 and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered. For us to further investigate did you receive any error message when you tried installing the program on your Macintosh computer? If so can you provide the error message or screenshot of the error.

Also can you check if the DMG file for the Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac is "Trend Micro Antivirus-8.0.2004.dmg". This is a way for us to tell if the DMG file is the latest version. If it is not the same file like what I have mentioned, please click on this link for you to download the installer of the latest version of the Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac.

Installing Antivirus for Mac

In addition, you can click on this link for you to contact our support for real time troubleshooting.

Contact Trend Micro Technical Support

I hope this helps you with your concern, we will wait for your reply.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

Security Update for Your New Version of OS X

To keep protecting this Mac, you need a newer version of your Trend Micro security software.

https://en.community.trendmicro.com/Screen%20Shot%202017-09-26%20at%208.57.07%20PM

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply, kevinlewis1.

I'm afraid the URL for the screenshot that you sent cannot be found. Kindly try sending it again.

Regarding your concern, may I just ask if you were able to uninstall the older version of the Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac before installing the new version? You may uninstall the older version by moving the Trend Micro folder from Applications folder to Trash and then emptying the Trash.

We'll wait for your next reply. Thanks so much!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

7 years ago

Hey, I am having the same issue after installing Trend Micro Antivirus-8.0.2004.dmg on macOS 10.13.1.

A dialog window pops up stating it's "unable to start protection", then opens System Preferences to "Security and Privacy", but there is no TrendMicro to give permissions to.

I have even restarted the computer after install, uninstalled and reinstalled, and even installed a previous version Trend Micro Antivirus-8.0.1246.dmg after nothing working, and off course it didn't work.

Installed Trend Micro Antivirus-8.0.2004.dmg again, and same effect...does not work.

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

7 years ago

Hello, having the same issue after updating the OS to Mac OS Sierra High. The error message I get is as follows:

"To keep protecting this Mac, you need a newer version of your Trend Micro security software."

When I click update now, I get the following message:

"Update complete: The current components are all up to date. No new updates are available."

I receive the same messages when I tried to reinstall trend micro. 
Brand User

Hustler

• 

57 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

7 years ago

Hi bretonics!

How are you today? I hope you are doing very fine.

Thank you also for informing the issue here in the community. 

It seems that you are having an issue when installing the version 8.0 of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac. Let me help you with this.

In order to resolve the issue on your Trend Micro program, please refer to the instructions provided on the link below.

"Unable to Start Protection" error message appears when installing Antivirus for Mac

I hope this works for you.

In case the issue is still not yet resolved, it would be best if you will contact our Technical Support hotline so we could further check the issue. Please refer to the contact details provided on the link below.

Ways to Contact Trend Micro Technical Support

Thank you and have a great day! :)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

Awesome! Thanks, that worked! I should have checked that part!

12 Messages

• 

324 Points

Hi, bretonics!

Thank you for choosing Trend Micro as your device’s safeguard against viruses and other malwares. It's nice to know that your Trend Micro software is working well again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there will be issues on your Trend Micro program. You can refer to the link below for the ways on how you can contact our customer support.

How to Contact Trend Micro Support

Have a wonderful day! :)

Brand User

Hustler

• 

57 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

7 years ago

Hi MJayK!

How are you today? I hope you are doing great.

Thank you also for informing us about the issue here in the community.

It seems that you have encountered a message of "To keep protecting this Mac, you need a newer version of your Trend Micro security software." on your Trend Micro program.

In order to resolve the issue, you will need to upgrade the version of your Trend Micro program on your Mac computer.

The reason for this is that the version 2017 or version 7.0 of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac is not compatible with the new version of MacOS, which is MacOS High Sierra.

Please download the newer version of the Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac from the link below.

Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac Version 8.0 Direct Download Link

You will just need to download, execute the installer file, follow the prompts, enter your serial number and then, it will be good to go. 

I hope this will solve the issue.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day! :)

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

That worked like a charm.... Thanks for your help!

Superstar

• 

376 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Hello MJayK,

You're most welcome and we're glad that we were able to help you.

Do not hesitate to post again here if you have questions, problems or inquiries. 

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day! :)

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

For me it said the product code i am using is for a different version. Kindly help!

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

7 years ago

Hi, sharmavashisth.

Since the serial number that you have is from BestBuy, please click on this link (Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac | BestBuy Download) to download the correct installer.

Have a great day! 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights