Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

316 Points

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 6:16 AM

Closed

Trend Micro Installation Bluescreen in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

I cleanup the Windows 10 environment with Factory Reset. And I trying install Trend Micro Internet Security 2017 to my PC, but I just watch Bluescreen about "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".

How can I success installation Trend Micro Internet Security in Windows 10 Fall creators update?

Official Response

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

176 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

7 years ago

@all Thanks for confirming that the new build works.

To those who are still encountering the problem and will land on this community, here is a quick recap for you. There are (2) BSOD scenarios:

1 -- Your machine is updated first with KB4043961 before installing Trend Micro Security 2018 (v12).
The solution is to use the latest builds from the Download Center (http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/). Take note that other languages might not be updated yet as of this writing so please get the Global Builds from TM_AngeloS' reply.

2 -- Trend Micro Security 2018 is installed first before installing KB4043961
Once your computer successfully reboots from a BSOD, the solution is to update Trend Micro Security 2018. Right click the system tray icon and click Update Now. We rolled out the updates about 5hrs ago and it should automatically update your TMS but if not, please do the manual update.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

(I will mark this as Official Solution for now for better visibility)

^erza

Prodigy

• 

238 Messages

• 

5.5K Points

7 years ago

Hi,

download & install latest version Trend Micro IS 2018 .

Regards ,

Amir

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

316 Points

7 years ago

I tried that version too. But same Bluescreen error.

Prodigy

• 

238 Messages

• 

5.5K Points

maybe your computer have problem. 

please wait TM Support Team help you , or contact with Trend Micro Home support.

Regards ,

Amir

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

I have the same problem.I cant install trend micro is 2018. Trend micro is 2018 doesnt support windows fall creators.

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

I can confirm that Trend Micro Internet Security is causing Blue Screens during Fall Creators update.  Have 3 systems that all failed during update, uninstalled TIS 2018 and the updates went through without a problem.  Error is Page fault in nonpaged area.

3 Messages

• 

212 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled problem with fall creators update (RS3) and Maximum Security.

With Trend Micro Maximum Security installed on a Windows 10 (1703) pc, the fall creators update ends up in a green screen. After removing Maximum Security, the update can be installed but when trying to re-install Maximum Security, you get the same green screen after reboot and Windows repairs it by removing the software again. So finally I'm on Windows 10 (1709) now but cannot use Trend Micro Maximum Security anymore.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

176 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of this issue and now have a working solution. 
You can contact Support to get the compatible build asap or wait for the update which should be rolled out in a couple of days before trying to install again. We'll keep this thread updated if solution comes out earlier.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

^erza

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

7 years ago

Hi guys did you get a fix for this  as its still ongoing  BSOD with even the newest build of trend 2018
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

176 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi melvin,

You can get the latest build compatible with RS3 from Technical Support. Please contact them if you want it asap. 
We are working to replace the packages in our Download Centers within the next 24hrs.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

^erza

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

7 years ago

thats great i tried the support on-line but they did not know anything about the problem 

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

I have the same issue, as Windows Fall creators update was installing automatically this morning I noticed that Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017 closed down. When Windows re-booted to finish the install it BSOD with "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".
Windows after a few re-starts went back to the previous build and started - I then uninstalled TM and was able to update windows to build 1709 'Fall creator update'
I've tried to install TM Maximum Security 2018 but this too causes same BSOD ! I'm running Windows at the moment with Windows Security and have turned updates OFF on my other Windows machines.
A solution ASAP will be appreciated - thanks

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

yes its due to trend micro you think they would have had this sorted out 

9 Messages

• 

252 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Issue with Windows 10 Fall Creator release.

Trend Micro v12 causes Windows 10 Fall Creator release to blue screen.  When I ran the upgrade, Windows 10 got to about 50% when a blue screen came up and said that the upgrade was cancelled and had to go back to original version of Win 10.  Was able to remove TM Maximum and get Windows upgraded to 10.0.16299.15 but when I tried to reinstall TM, it crashed Windows so badly that I had to recover my system using Acronis.  I have read that others are having the same issue...but the threads are closed, so I could not add to them.  Please help.  Still on Win 10 v 15063...all due to TM.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

176 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

Hi Bob,

I merged your post to this thread and added public tags so other customers can easily find this thread.

We are aware of this issue and working double time to push the solution out. Please standby.

^erza

12 Messages

• 

276 Points

Hello - I had a call with support yesterday where they pushed the compatible version and it ended up installing ok but then my machine was unresponsive for just about anything and everything I did and I had to uninstall it.  Once uninstalled it worked just fine and it is a high spec. Surface Pro, 16 GB RAM, i7 processors, SSD, etc.

Can you please advise whether or not the one that will be posted is going to be checked for these types of issues?  Why in the world wasn't this done prior to the fall creators update release?

9 Messages

• 

252 Points

7 years ago

Just finished a chat with Technical support.  Recommended that I stay with older version of Win10 until a solution is found, or upgrade and remove TM for the time being

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

7 years ago

pointless when the pc will do the upgrade on its own 

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

Just some more information, the problem was caused when KB4043961 was introduced and merged into the Fall update.  My main system did the initial Fall update before that KB was introduced as a standalone update and later merged into the Fall Update.  I had no issue with the fall Update that was version 16299.15 and TIS 2018 that update went through without a hitch, then the KB was shown in updates and that when the Blue Screens started.

12 Messages

• 

276 Points

In the history it shows that KB but I can't see where the fall update is in the history, anyway to remove one of them? and leave the fall update?

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

When my system was still at the .15 Fall Update TIS 2018 ran fine. I was able to hide that KB to keep it from being installed, as it would always blue screen on reboot when being installed.  The problem is Microsoft integrated that KB with the Fall Update itself (becoming version .19) so the whole update itself will fail during the upgrade process.  

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights