• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 8:50 AM

Closed

Resolved

SPAM

SPAM no blocked. I've used TREND for many years and I've been very happy.  Just now I received a warning and my computer blocked. I rang my daughter and she told me not to do anything yet. I told her there was a phone number 1800 952 179.  She googled the number and it came up as a SPAM. I managed to close it by using the X on the upper right of the screen. My question is, why didn't TREND pick it up first?  I'm reading what it could have done to my computer if I had followed the steps. Am I not using TREND to the full? Any advice would be helpful.  I ran a scan straight after and still it showed nothing. 
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi, perrdise!

This is called a Technical Support Scam. One type of this is the scam that gives you false warnings like the pop-up that you received.

Possible that you have visited a website that might have brought up this pop-up. It's a good thing that you did not entertain the pop-up and did not call the number it displayed. 

What browser were you using when you received this pop-up? From that browser, you can just reset its settings. To give you a guide on this, click the link below:

Resetting your web browser settings

~Pia

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

I seem to have received this reply to my email by mistake. It went to my inbox but my issue is a different request.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

Hi, s2services

You may have accidentally clicked the Follow button on this post that is why you have received an email. You may opt to stop receiving notifications regarding this post by clicking the "Stop receiving notifications about this question" button at the end of the email that you have received. 

Hope this helps.

~Cha

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights