Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

Friday, October 27th, 2023 12:10 PM

Closed

Your protection has not been updated for more than 30 days. Please connect to the internet to refresh the protection

I install Maximum Security normally. I update it and use it for a certain period of time. One day, for no reason, it gives a warning like " protection is disabled , Your protection has not been updated for more than 30 days. Please connect to the internet to refresh the protection". The icon in the status bar turns black and white and I cannot do anything. I uninstall the product and  I'm installing it again. This happened to me five times. I wrote to support and they couldn't solve the problem either.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

9 months ago

Hi @nerossa 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home User's Community! 

Since you mentioned that you have already uninstalled the product and reinstalled it, did you used a freshly downloaded installer for the reinstallation?

If the reinstallation is finished, please verify it's current software version. To get that, please follow the steps:

1. on your start menu, search for "Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit"
2. After accepting the User Account Control, the Diagnostic Toolkit window should appear
3. Select "(5)Details" tab from the top.

You should be able to see the software version from there.

We will wait for your response.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

The current version that I have it 17.7.1951

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

@bigrockmarine,

Can you please try to install the latest version of Maximum Security which is 17.8.

You may get the installer on the link below:

Trend Micro Maximum Security

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

9 months ago

I installed it 2 days ago. The product is the latest version. I'm at work right now. I can't look at it. The real important problem is "The application of a security company like Trendmicro causes problems for no reason." We shouldn't have to deal with install and uninstall. Once installed, updating and upgrading if necessary should be enough. Without uninstalling, this should be enough. Is there no solution?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@nerossa​,

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the issue you're facing with our security application. We understand your concerns and we will do our best to address them.

Updates are automatically downloaded and installed on theTrend Micro program as long as it is connected to the internet. It is possible that the update was not completed due to unstable internet connection hence, the error message is shown.

We would appreciate if you can provide the exact Trend Micro program version downloaded to your device so that we can provide applicable troubleshooting steps.

I would like to assure you that we take your feedback seriously, and we are committed to making every user's experience better. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights