Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Tuesday, January 7th, 2020 2:20 PM

Closed

Windows says trend micro is snoozed, but Trend Micro Maximum shows it is running

There is a yellow exclamation line over the windows security down by the clock saying Trend is snoozed, I've tried everything I have read and haven't fixed this problem. The problem only started after i installed version16.0.1249, thank you for any help

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi bigmansk,

This normally happens if Trend Micro isn't properly running or started. Can you try to restart Trend Micro and check if the status of it will change on Windows Defender Security Center?

Try stopping its components then start it, please follow the steps here:

Disabling or enabling your Trend Micro Security software

After doing this perform a manual update - Updating your Trend Micro Security software

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Thank you for the suggestions, but windows still shows the exclamation and Trend Micro seems to be running. I even uninstalled Trend and reinstalled it, and that didn't help either, and I did download and use the toolkit to close all of Trend, then to remove before I reinstalled. By the way, I'm running Windows 10, with all the updates installed. Thank you

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi bigmansk,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Are you able to send us a screenshot of the Windows Defender Security Center? also, what's the status of the Trend Micro main console, is it saying protected?

Can you try checking the following settings if it's enabled:

1. Open the Trend Micro main console.

2. Click the Settings or gear icon.

3. Under Scan Preferences check if the first checkbox is ticked.

4. Go to Internet & Email Controls then under Web threats check if the first checkbox is ticked too.

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Windows Security

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Thank you for Everything you are doing for me

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Hi bigmansk,

Have you tried clicking the 'Turn On' button under Protection Settings on your Windows Security Center? If you haven't, please do and turn the Windows Defender off afterward.

If the issue persists, check if you have any other antivirus installed on your PC. You can check the link below to give you a list of programs that can cause conflict and has to be removed before installing Trend Micro Security software. 

Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security

Awaiting your response.

~Pia

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights