• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Saturday, February 13th, 2021 1:11 PM

Closed

Answered

Why s SysWOW64 being blocked?

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (powershell) is being blocked every morning.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi, gedeluca.

From the screenshots, you had added the whole user's folder for 'Gary' I have the same recommendations as bvasilev. Try to add specific folders inside Folder Shield, system folders that make modifications in the computer is not recommended to be added as it will be blocked by Folder Shield. This feature is ideally used to protect files from any type of modification.

- TM_Reine
Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

3 years ago

Hi, gedeluca.

May I know the exact message from Trend Micro? If you could send a screenshot, that would be better.

If you can also provide the folders you have protected under the Folder Shield feature, please let me know so we can further check.

Here's how you can check: How to set up Trend Micro Folder Shield in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi Kim,

Screenshots attached. Thanks!

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi, gedeluca.

On Folder Shield may I know what folders are protected, under Protected Folders what are listed?

Can you also click one of the detections from the logs so we can check the detection details:

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

@reine_roque 

Hi Rene.

The Folders protected are everything in the USER GARY.

The Detection Details are below:

Thanks for your help!

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Please be advised that adding the whole user directory, in this case "Gary" is not a good idea at all.

Why's that?
Because you have included "AppData" under folder shield protection as well. This may prevent some apps from working properly and may generate unneeded alerts (as it does). My advise is to remove "Gary", then expand it and add only "Documents". This will include desktop, downloads and many other directories.

Folder shield should not include any program components and artifacts, it should only include personal files, such as documents, pictures, music or other downloads from the web.
Otherwise you are at risk of alerts, conflicts and decreased performance.

This PowerShell call may be an updater, amongst other things, trying to modify data in AppData directory and Folder Shield may be preventing its normal operation.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Thanks for the advice. I have changed the Folder Shield settings by removing "Gary", then expand it and add only "Documents".

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Please update us on whether the issue has been fixed when you have time.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Sure will. Thanks again! :)

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

3 years ago

Good Morning! Just wanted to let everyone know that C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (powershell) was not blocked this morning!! Thanks again to everyone who helped!! :)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

You're welcome, gedeluca!

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights