Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 6:53 AM

Closed

Why do I have to Uninstall Malwarebytes with every new version on Trend

Every time TREND comes out with a NEW version, I have to Uninstall Malwarebytes as the TREND seems to conflict with the Malwarebytes software but funny enough not the other way round.

This is irritating.  TREND does not catch everything that is out there that is why I run both products and have done so for a long time. Also I have been with TREND for more than 20 years. Maybe time that TREND starts to work together with Malwarebytes. 

Malwarebytes has caught issues that TREND did not.

Just a thought. Just installed the new version so now I have to reinstall Malwarebytes which goes without a hitch.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

7 months ago

Hi @johnk2oz,

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Prior to installing Trend Micro, other antivirus software should be removed from the Windows computer because doing so can lead to performance problems and increase the computer's vulnerability to threats. It is advised to remove any incompatible software in order to guarantee a seamless installation of Trend Micro Security.

You may visit: How to Remove Programs Incompatible with Trend Micro Security

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 months ago

Like you, I have had the same problem for years. It is most annoying. Can't the 2 companies work together for the common good of its users who fully support them.

Superstar

• 

299 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

@rarulappu​ 

"Can't the 2 companies work together for the common good of its users who fully support them."

That is not the point. The golden rule is not to have installed on your PC two anti malwares app with real time scanning.

Malwarebytes was advertised 5 years ago as being "compatible" to any antivirus.

Not anymore.

It ads ZERO value to any decent antivirus from AV comparatives.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @rarulappu​,

We acknowledge your desire to run two antivirus programs simultaneously on your computer. However, as mentioned by @claudiubotezatu  and @tm_carlo , this approach is not advisable.

The reason being that both antivirus programs utilize similar algorithms to safeguard your device, leading to potential conflicts. They may compete for essential system resources, causing operational issues and potential confusion due to conflicting detection patterns.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

If Trend can guarantee that it will trap all "nasties" as soon as they are released I will be happy to drop using a second AV checker.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @rarulappu​, 

We understand your sentiments; however, no antivirus software can guarantee 100% protection against all viruses. Rest assured that most suspicious and malicious files should be detected by our real-time scan.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I have been running both Trend and Malwarebytes for years on my Laptops and Mobile phones and I never have any issues. The only issue I have is when TREND comes out with an upgrade I have to temporally uninstall Malwarebytes to be able to install the Trend Upgrade. It is more of an inconvenience issue, both AV Programs work well together, The Best of Both Worlds.

Here is an example of today on my mobile. TREND did not pick this up but Malwarebytes did.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights