Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Thursday, June 29th, 2023 2:00 AM

Closed

Why delete your temporary files?

Have you ever wondered why it's recommended to clear temporary files regularly? Can deleting temporary files benefit your online experience?

Join the discussion!

Let's dive into this topic together!

- TM_Kath

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

1 year ago

For me @tm_kath, I wanna amp up my privacy game, you gotta delete those temporary internet files, guys! They hold all sorts of info about our browsing history, like the sites we've been to, our logins, and other juicy stuff.

Before you go ahead and delete those temporary internet files, make sure you remember your passwords Hahaha, I remember doing this then can't login to my Twitter for 3 days. So now I use Password Manager.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

574 Points

1 year ago

i remember doing this ages ago when Windows PC seem to be slow or im really running out of space, these days with cloud backup and more internal/external storage available i find myself not needing to do it - that's for my Windows but for my Mac i've never found the need to do it ... ever :)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

4 Messages

• 

230 Points

1 year ago

Deleting temporary files is like giving your computer a refreshing spa day. hahaha  :D

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

1 year ago

@tm_kath 

Sensitive data, including cached web pages, login credentials, or temporary copies of documents, may be found in temporary files. These files might be accessed by someone who gets unauthorized access to your computer.

You may lower the possibility of unauthorized access to important information and improve your privacy and security by routinely deleting temporary files.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

1 year ago

For me I think my computer as a busy desk where you do lots of things every day. Temporary files are like papers, sticky notes, and things you use for quick tasks and then throw away when you're done.

By regularly getting rid of temporary files, you keep your virtual desk clean and organized. This helps your computer work better and faster. It also keeps your personal information safe and helps fix any problems with software. Clearing these files makes your online experience smoother, just like having a tidy physical desk helps you work more efficiently.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 year ago

@tm_kath 

As for me, deleting temporary files can free up memory space on my computer and prevent application errors and crashes.

One good thing is that there is no harmful effect when we clean it from our computer, just like the others; it boosts computer performance and makes my online experience better.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights