• 

31 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Monday, November 20th, 2023 11:19 AM

Closed

Urgent Help Needed: Desktop Protection Issue

Hey everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to the community because I'm facing a serious issue with desktop protection, and I'm hoping that someone here might have some insight or solutions.

Recently, I've noticed some unusual activities on my desktop, and I'm concerned that it might be compromised. My antivirus software is up to date, and I perform regular scans, but it seems like something may have slipped through the cracks. I've been experiencing slow performance, unexpected pop-ups, and a general sense that my desktop security may be compromised.

Here are some details about my setup:

• Operating System: [Specify your operating system, e.g., Windows 10, macOS, Linux]
  • Antivirus Software: [Name of your antivirus software and its version]
  • Recent Changes: [Any recent software installations or changes to your system]

I've already tried running a full system scan, and while the antivirus software did detect and remove some threats, the issues persist. I'm concerned that there might be a more sophisticated threat that traditional antivirus software is unable to handle.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their desktop security? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any additional steps or tools I should consider using to ensure the complete protection of my desktop?

I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations you can provide. Desktop security is crucial, and I want to make sure I take the necessary steps to safeguard my system and data. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Charlie

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

8 months ago

Hi @charliekthrn,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, based on the issues that you currently are experiencing there is a possibility that you have a Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) installed on your PC, to check if the app is a PUA you can go to this website: ShouldIremoveit and uninstall the ones rated as PUA. 

To detect and remove any threats or viruses on your device you can also try using our Anti Threat Toolkit in scanning your device , you can download it here : ATTK tool

If possible we also want to ask for screenshots of the Pop up ads that you are getting.

Will wait for your response, thanks!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights