• 

66 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Thursday, July 5th, 2018 9:09 PM

Closed

Updates on some issues with Scanning and Trend Micro program turning off

Hello Everyone,

Here is the updated solution as of 8:00 PM PST for the issue with Trend Micro Security automatically turns on/off during idle or during a scan.

STEP 1: Identify if your Trend Micro Security Software already received the recent update. To check this, you may open the Trend Micro Security Software then click on the human-like shadow icon that is on the upper right part of the program. After clicking the icon, click on "About the Software". After doing that, click on "Component Versions" then look for the following components:
  • Behavior MonitoringCore Driver: 7.30.1099
  • Program InspectionEngine: 2.6.2027
Note: If the mentioned components is not yet updated, please wait until the update is finished since it should automatically check for program updates.

STEP 2: Run the Hotfix

If the same issue will persist after running Hotfix, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit
  • Press the Windows Button and letter "R" both on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run Console
  • Once the Run Console is open, type: supporttool
  • Click OK
  • Doing that will open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Once open, go to (C) Uninstall and then click on "1. Uninstall Software"
  • Wait for the uninstall process to finish then restart the computer when prompted
2. Run the Remnant File Remover Tool
3. Reinstall Trend Micro Security
Select the corresponding installer file below:
I hope this helps! Please let us know if the same issue will persist after performing the steps provided so we can arrange further troubleshooting process for your Trend Micro program.

2 Messages

• 

192 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trend Micro Max 12.0 Keeps Restarting.

Trend Micro Max 12.0 keeps restarting...My computer repeatedly slows to a crawl, then I notice Trend Micro has turned off and is starting up. What is the cause? 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

It this began occurring 2 days ago, Why is the support so slow in correcting the problem.  Where is the f___ing support?   

5 Messages

• 

296 Points

I had exactly the same problem, it seemed as though as soon as the Laptop was struggling, it crashed. Tried everything I could find, reinstalled etc to no avail.  I ended up doing a Refresh on Win 10 today and so far, no problems

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Somehow my Trend is being shut off when I'm not using it, usually overnight..

Any ideas??

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MAX SECURITY CRASHES WHEN ABOUT TO COMPLETE A SCAN OR SIMPLY TURNS OFF WHILE I AM....

ill start trendmicro. it seems to be fine then it will turn off or it crashes when nearly done with a scan.

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Trend Micro titanium Maximum security shut down by itself when scan..

My Trend Micro titanium Maximum security shut down by itself when i try to Full/Quick scan. It will stop at 2% when full scan and 42% on Quick scan. I have this problem start from 2 week ago.

I am using ACER laptop
Windows 7 64 bit
Trend micro titanium maximum security. 

Please help me since i cannot even scan my laptop or pc.

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

Ohh damn. It is okay for a few days. but it started restarting again. what the f is happening here @trend micro?

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Scan issue.

Trend Micro will not complete a scan. It will gets partially thru and then shuts down

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

Could this problem have anything to do with the ACTION NEEDED spyware that has been circulating the past two days?

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled scans keep stopping.

laptop

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled scans keep stopping.

laptop

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Trend Miicro Maximum keeps turning itself off lately, need help, please?.

My Trend Miicro Maximum Security keeps turning itself off lately, so I spend more time restarting it than I do anything else online. Is there an issue I am unaware of? My combination laptop/tablet is made by Trio and runs Windows 10.1 OD. Intel inside.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

I ended up removing everything Trend Micro and then re-downloaded it once more, which seems to have cleared up the problem.

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

6 years ago

Well, this was a waste of time, thanks for nothing.
I am not the only one that has this problem.
This shit is on your end.
Everything is brand new, in March my subscription renewed itself and that is when it seems to have started.
It auto updates and I manually once a week, so it ain't me, so don't go telling me to do a bunch of shit that keeps me offline for days doing it to NO avail.
This is the deal, I don't know why, but TREND turns itself off randomly, in the truest definition  of random. It is OFF, circuit open..
No icon in tray where shit that runs all the time is grouped.
Click on icon on desktop and it appears in tray and shows "STARTING YOUR PROTECTION"
That's about as clear as I can make it.
I do not download buttloads of crap to catch anything, at least that's what your product tells me.
(cut to mike drop)

Superstar

• 

571 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

for escalation

Please reference the new conversation here: Stuck in "Starting Your Protection"

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Evertime I start a full scan it scans for 3-5 minutes & the program shits down..

Full Scan shuts down Trend Micro after 3 - 5 Minutes. Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series, Win 10
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

6 years ago

Hello debbystewart,

We may need to reinstall the Trend Micro program on your computer. Kindly follow the installation procedure that was provided in this thread. Thank you!

Regards,
Pat

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it ran a quick and custom scan without shutting down. Thanks so much. Note: The custom scan took an unusually long time, but it did the job.

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

Hi the problem still occuring, after a few day it was okay. but today it start restarting again.

8 Messages

• 

230 Points

6 years ago

I have run the hot fix and have the same issue continuing.
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

Hello damccann.construction,

Please follow the updated solution in this thread. 

Thank you!

Regards,
Pat

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I look down and note that my trend micro has turned itself off, whats up with th....

Toshiba satellite  Microsoft Windows 10

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my trend micro program keeps randomly shutting down and restarting.

my trend micro program keeps randomly shutting down and restarting

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights