Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Tuesday, October 17th, 2023 12:16 PM

Closed

Updates are paused during Mute Mode...except I'm not in Mute Mode....

I promise Mute Mode is off, I'm in the Device section, I've turned mute mode on and then off again, restarted computer, completely ensured mute mode is off, however when I try to update Trend Micro I get the message: Updates are paused during Mute Mode.

Why, how?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

9 months ago

Hi @tbm

Welcome to Trend Micro User Community!

If you are receiving the 'Updates are paused during Mute Mode' message even though you are not in Mute Mode, it is possible that there is a conflict with the Mute Mode feature.

You may try to Temporarily disable protection on Windows, then check if the issue still persist. 

If the issue still persist, you can try the following steps:

1. Open the Trend Micro program on your computer.
  2. Go to the Settings menu.
  3. Select the Mute Mode option.
  4. Toggle the Mute Mode switch to turn it ON.
  5. Wait for a few seconds, then toggle the Mute Mode switch again to turn it OFF.
  6. Close the Trend Micro program and restart your computer.
  7. After the computer restarts, check if the 'Updates are paused during Mute Mode' message still appears.

Hope this helps, Let us know how it goes!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Thank you, but no, I have tried both of these steps, multiple times, and the program is still saying I am in mute mode, even when I clearly am not. Please help, I can't update while this is happening!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @tbm​, 

If that's the case, can you check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on Windows? It should show the latest version, which is 17.8. If not, you may upgrade Trend Micro Security to the latest version

Hope this helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights