• 

1 Message

• 

150 Points

Friday, April 21st, 2023 11:51 AM

Closed

Resolved

update on Trend Micro

Trend Micro will not update on my computer.  Do I need to do it right now?  I would like to have protection and I am not sure whether I do or not.  Please let me know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @mevining,

Welcome to Trend Micro User Community.

Updating your program means getting the latest security updates from our servers and installing it to your computer. These security updates include the latest virus signatures/definitions, program updates and patches, bug fixes and other security enhancements to ensure that your program is well-armed and optimized in protecting your devices.

It is automatically done every 3 hours provided that you are connected to the Internet and your subscription is still active.

You can also do a manual update from the main window of the program. To install the program update, you may follow the steps on the link provided below:

Installing Trend Micro program update for Windows

Installing Trend Micro program update for Mac

Hope this helps.

tm_klariz

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I also had trouble getting Trend Micro to update because it said I was not connected to the internet, when I in fact was. I tried several things from several posts. I also could not get ahold of a representative in a timely fashion. I assume several people are having this issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software to force the update. It worked for me. Hopefully this helps. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

22 Messages

• 

630 Points

1 year ago

Hi @MissCEvil 

Welcome to Trend Micro Community.

Thanks for sharing that fix. It's great to know that your Trend Micro is working and running with the latest version. 

It is important to make sure that your antivirus is up to date to ensure that your program is well-armed and optimized in protecting your devices.

-tm_cassie

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights