• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Friday, May 27th, 2022 8:50 AM

Closed

Answered

unwanted tabs opening

I normally use Brave as my browser but also use some Chrome when I need access to certain sites. Recently, in the last month I have had an extra tab or two open when I go to certain sites, i.e. Ebay, Fox News, Wiki, etc. This does it in both browsers. When I went to the web, most sites say it is malware. I have done several deep scans of my system with Trend Micro, which is up to date version 17.7.1383 of Trend Micro Maximum Security. I'm not sure what to do at this point. On some of the tabs opened it sends to a site that Trend Micro says is unsafe. This is not just on my computer but on my roommates as well. Everything is the same problem. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dahlia

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

2 years ago

Hi, abigail

Please some steps to verify if it will work on your end, can you try it:

1. Check if you have the latest version of Brave and Google Chrome.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click Help. About Google Chrome.
  4. Click Update Google Chrome. Important: If you can't find this button, you're on the latest version.
  5. Click Relaunch.

2. After updating the browser, verify if the issue persists. If yes, proceed to the next step.

3. Try changing your default browser to Mozilla Firefox - make sure it's on the latest version, verify if it's still opening on multiple tabs.

4. Lastly, if all steps didn't work please try to reinstall the Trend Micro program.

How to reinstall Trend Micro Security for Windows

Please let me know if the performance is the same, thanks!

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights