Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

78 Points

Friday, March 20th, 2020 11:49 AM

Closed

Unable to turn MUTE MODE off

I am currently unable to turn mute mode OFF to get updates. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but this has had little effect. I have also tried disabling TM and then re-enabling it again but this also fails to turn OFF Mute Mode. Is this a bug in the program and if so how can I bypass it?

Please help

K

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi kbroad413,

Did you try to click on it to put it on (v) on and off?

This in the right click on TM icon and left click on mute mode?

Adn why it must be off for update, update from what?

Here from you,

Kind regards,

Tom

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

78 Points

Hi Tom

Thanks for getting back,

I have tried that but to no avail. It is frustrating as before Mute Mode was part of the program I had no problems what so ever with TM. My worry is that I might be missing virus updates to the program. Every time Trend has important updates it puts up a message saying that Mute Mode must be off, which I can't turn off.

Ken

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi k.broad413,

I'm sorry for the frustration you're having with this, let me assist you. Can you try to restart the Trend Micro program? here's how:

1. Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the System Tray (near the clock at the bottom right part of the screen).

2. If you do not see the System Tray icon, click the arrow button to show the rest of the icons.

Select Exit

3. Wait for Trend Micro's System Tray icon (near the clock at the bottom right part of the screen) to disappear.

Once the icon disappears, Trend Micro is now disabled.

4. Start the Trend Micro program by clicking the shortcut icon on your desktop.

Check if the icon still indicates that it's on Mute Mode. If yes, try to open the main console and reconfigure Mute Mode.

1. Click Device.

2. Click Configure in Mute Mode then click OK when you see the Introduction page.

3. Click the slider to turn off Mute Mode.

Try to check if it still says Mute Mode is activated.

Let us know how it works out on your end.

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

78 Points

Hi Reine

Thank you so much for getting back on this with a possible fix.

I have tried the steps you have posted but it still shows that Mute Mode is on

Not sure what else I can do. Could it be a program I have installed that has or is causing this problem

Ken

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi k.broad413,

Thank you for the detailed response and screenshots as this would help us understand the issue better. May I ask how did you uninstall the Trend Micro? can we try to do a clean uninstall via the diagnostic toolkit? 

Please refer to the instructions specifically under Uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit

How to uninstall Trend Micro Security for Windows

Then reinstall Trend Micro by following this guide: 

How to Install Maximum Security

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

78 Points

Hi Reine

When I uninstalled TM I used the control panel and then downloaded TM and installed from TM web page after signing in.

I will have a look at the suggested uninstall you have posted and see how we go.

Ken

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

No worries k.broad413, you may reply on this thread for further concerns.

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

78 Points

@reine_roque

Afternoon again Reine

I have followed your instructions and this has sorted the problem out for me.

Thank you very much for the help and advise this afternoon, regarding Mute Mode.

As time goes by I will keep a check on it and see if it was a program I use that started the problem in the first place.

Once again thank you

Ken

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Good to know that this issue has been resolved k.broad413. Should you have concerns in the future feel free to reach out here on the Home Users Community.

- Reine

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights