Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Saturday, April 30th, 2016 12:49 AM

Closed

Unable to install update

I am getting messages "Unable to install update. Please connect to internet" (I am connected) and also "Something is wrong with the file received from Trend" when I attempt to update. I've tried about everything. Thinking of removing and reinstalling. How do I go about doing that?

Official Response

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Regarding the error message you encountered, it might be related to settings on your computer.

If you haven't tried this solution below yet, please give it a shot:
"Connect to the Internet" error message appears from Trend Micro Security software

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

8 years ago

Thanks for responding. I discovered that link previously and went through the steps as much as possible. When I got to the uninstall/reinstall step, my machine thought it was already engaged in that action and would not allow me to select the option again. I finally restarted for the umpteenth time and, although I have no idea why, Trend connected normally to the updates and is now apparently working just fine. I know that Comcast was having network problems when this problem occurred and I have also recently upgraded to Windows 10. Some combination of events disabled Trend's communication temporarily. But all is well now. Thanks again.

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

Glad to hear everything's working now! If you have other questions or encounter product issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us in this community. Have a good day!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights